Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill team Campaign sign up and rules
Oooh I just realized they've already released an Astra Militarum update on the Heralds of Ruin website. I shall get a slightly amended list up shortly.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
right, so as my last list was 10pts over... duh!

I've been playing around with lists and here is my final list, that will be facing Chris tonight:

Shining Spear Exarch (Starlight) - Hit and Run, Plasma Grenade, Star Lance, Runes of Wrath and Runes of Deception - 82
Ranger (Shadowspear) - 12
Dark Reaper (Nightlance) - 30
Swooping Hawk (Shadowlance) - 15
War Walker (Hawks Eye) - 1 Star Cannon, 1 Scatter Laser - 55
War Walker (Falcons Eye) - 1 Star Cannon, 1 Scatter Laser - 55
Total: 249

Full report to follow in the morning...

Not fully sure about the after game stuff... Either :p, but basically I won after Chris voluntary ran away turn 4/5 Smile

Thanks for the game Rob, enjoyed it despite taking a severe beating! Getting caught in a crossfire from two warwalkers is not good.

Will post a bit more later but briefly: Rob won 5 -0 on VPs, I bottled out once I was down to the last few models. However all 8 of my injured models made a full recovery, none levelled up and with the 20RPs I gained I bought a jump pack for my librarian and some suspensors for my heavy bolter marine.

On the other hand the one model I took out on Robs team - a ranger, died! Hahaha!! puny eldar vs space marines - that is why you are a dying race Rob, you kick butt but die to a stiff breeze!

Unfortunatley we only had time to playt the skirmish game and didn't get a second one in. Looking forward to the next one.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
As the Wraithgate opens on Thesaca, out comes strike force Burning Lance, lead by Shining Spear Exarch, Starlight. The battle starts immediately, just as they had planned. The strike force is encountering the Kill team The Bakers Dozen, lead by Librarian Nathaniel.

The skirmish would be played in the bright sun light of mid day Theseca, with the Eldar taking the initiative as both forces approach each other, with Hawks Eye scouting moving and battle focusing down the left flank to take out Plasma Gunner from the Dark Angels force, Shadowlance following suit down the left flank tries and fails to kill the scout that had infiltrated down the same flank, so Starlight himself uses the supreme movement of his Jetbike to fly down the left flank. Night Lance and Shadowspear hold back towards the Wraithgate to give covering fire, but there is limited targets available and only a pot shot goes off from Shadowspear into an enemy Sniper, but he misses. Leaving just Falcons eye to fire and he does so into a Scout taking him out the game.

The Dark Angels response is to move forwards in a pack of infantry while a Scout which had infiltrated down the right flank moves from cover to cover towards Shadowspear and Nightlance. The Heavy Bolter of the Dark Angels group opens up into Shadowlance, but does no damage as all the shots hit cover.

The Burning Lance strike force continues to press forwards, with Starlight at the fore front of the attack, using the Jetbikes mobility to fly over a large wall and next to an Assault Marine, Hawks Eye and Falcons Eye both get LoS to Marines, Shadow Lance does the same, Shadowspear and Night Lance get LoS to the Scout thats moving down the right flank, starting with them and they fire into the Scout doing no damage! Hawks Eye kills a Scout and Falcons Eye knocks down a Marine, then Shadowlance does no damage. Starlight misses with his lance into an Assault Marine, so charges getting 3 hits and rolling 3's.. survives the return attacks, so hit and run away.

The Dark Angels response is to move forwards again as a clump of infantry, leaving the Heavy Bolter back, both assault marines move towards the left flank aswell, the Scout on the right flank shoots and charges the Shadowspear knocking him out, the Marines fire into Starlight and take a wound off him, an Assault Marine picks on Shadowlance knocking him down.

Starlight responds by smashing into the Assault Marine taking it out the game this time, Hawks Eye, Falcons Eye and Night Lance all open up into the Marines advancing take out all but 1 and knocking 2 down, but most importantly Nathanial has been taken out!

Dark Angels turn and the Scout on the right flank moves and attempts to charge Nightlance, with the help from Falcons eye its knocked down by the Overwatch of Falcons Eye. The rest of the Dark Angels shooting does nothing.

The Burning Lance strike force is now on mopping up duty as Starlight moves over and kills the remaining Assault Marine and Hawks eye pumps more shots into the beleaguered Dark Angels forces as another Scout goes down Falcons eye fails to take out the last scout. Nightlance moves over to stamp on the head of the scout on the right flank ending the game as the rest of the Dark Angels force bottles out.

I end the game with 2 objectives, getting my opponent to bottle and slaying the Warlord.

Post battle stuff:

Ranger injury roll... Dead!

Experience:
Starlight - gains +4 exp (taking part, team leader, killing 2 Assault Marine specials), so becomes a lvl2, rolling +1 attack and pick a skill (Lightening Assault)
Hawks Eye - gains +3 exp (taking part, Plasma Special and killing Team Leader), so becomes a lvl1, rolling +1 initiative...
Falcons Eye - +1 exp (taking part)
Nightlance - +1 exp (taking part)
Shadowlance - +1 exp (taking part)
Shadowspear (dead)

Requisition = Unique Weapon... ended up being crap, so never gonna buy it... but I get 20pts to spend..

With the 20pts I will purchase a Jetbike for 17, leaving me with 4pts to spend...

Also Vince a question came up...

When a model is shaken/stunned can it be look out sired onto?

Also as the Ranger died, I take it I wouldn't get any points back for him? so technically I would be down to 237pts, then with the 20pts I got from the battle I then purchase a Jetbike (17) to make the team 254pts with 4pts to spend?

Just to check I'm doing it right :p

The inquisition took their first foray into unknown territory.

Lok never saw what hit them initially. They had landed, and stealthily moved forwards but quickly got pinned down by jetbikes moving over head knocking acolytes down. Only Ralph stood tall knocking attacks down off his storm shield with astounding ease, when the dust settled, 5 dark eldar bikes were hovering behind them. A gout of flame roiling from the hands of the Weaponsmith Clyde knocked two of them off their bikes knocking them out and leaving them easy prey for Lok and Clyde to move in and deliver the coup de grâce. the other bikes fled but it didn't matter, the Dark eldar had won the day, Lok would be better prepared next time.

results 5-0 to Terry
both got 20 points Requisition
One of terry's Jetbikes died

one of my servitors -1T
Jokaero +1T

*notes to self....you have psychic powers.....you have feel no pain......bloody use them*
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(27-03-2014, 10:54 AM)manrogue Wrote: The second mission will be a variation of the sabotage mission-
Quote:Upon winning the previous encounter, the victor decides to set a base of operation. The loser is determined not to let the opposition gain this upper hand.
The player that won the first encounter must place 2 transport vehicles in their deployment zone when they deploy, no more than 6" away from the edge of the table. This transport marker(roughly rhino sized) has an Armour Value of 11 all around, and 3 HP's. Also, any friendly model within 6" of their own Transport marker gains the Stubborn special rule. These will move 6" a turn towards the opposite board edge (should take 4 turns)
The loser of the previous encounter must destroy destroy these Vehicles.
Victory Points
A player that destroys their opponent’s Transport marker gains 3 VPs and 5 RPs, defender gains 3 VPs and 5 RPs for each transport successfully defended.
Bonus Campaign Experience.
A Team Leader or Special model that destroys an objective marker gains +2 EXP.
Thoughts on the second scenario? Sound okay or to convoluted? Feedback for tidying it up?

Sounds good to me Vince, Chris, when are you free to play the rematch and are you up for this mission?

Also after reading the KT rules at lunch today... I've purchased with my remaining 4pts another Plasma Grenade for my Shining Spear Exarch and a Sky Burst Grenade for the Swooping Hawk... who can actually deep strike :p and is now awesome lol.

(23-04-2014, 07:51 AM)Simian Wrote: The inquisition took their first foray into unknown territory.

Lok never saw what hit them initially. They had landed, and stealthily moved forwards but quickly got pinned down by jetbikes moving over head knocking acolytes down. Only Ralph stood tall knocking attacks down off his storm shield with astounding ease, when the dust settled, 5 dark eldar bikes were hovering behind them. A gout of flame roiling from the hands of the Weaponsmith Clyde knocked two of them off their bikes knocking them out and leaving them easy prey for Lok and Clyde to move in and deliver the coup de grâce. the other bikes fled but it didn't matter, the Dark eldar had won the day, Lok would be better prepared next time.

results 5-0 to Terry

one of my servitors -1T
Jokaero +1T

*notes to self....you have psychic powers.....you have feel no pain......bloody use them*

We also didn't know until after about the instant death instantly killing! Rolleyes
40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
(24-04-2014, 11:40 PM)CheZZoR Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 07:51 AM)Simian Wrote: The inquisition took their first foray into unknown territory.

results 5-0 to Terry

one of my servitors -1T
Jokaero +1T

We also didn't know until after about the instant death instantly killing! Rolleyes
that too
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss