Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHFB Campaign? FAQs page 4
STORYLINE

The Isle of the Dragon – RedWarSoc WFB Campaign 2014.

In the legends of the world, legends common to all races, there was once a dragon whose very being was linked to the Winds of Magic.

The magnitude of ‘global magic’ in the world changes with time, with planetary movements, the passing of comets and so forth. During some periods there is a veritable Magical Ice Age; when the winds are blowing only lightly. At other times when all the planets are aligned; all the comets are passing in the same year; and the Dwarves are being particularly over-industrious producing more carbon-emissions than the world can naturally deal with… Then there is a period of Magical Global Warming.

During the last Great Warming, an ancient dragon was flying around hunting for dinner, when she was consumed by a strong magical vortex created and carried by The Winds. She found herself in a desert-like region, the very sands of which seemed to move and the temperatures were uncomfortably cold. The winds were too strong to fly. She saw a huge mountain, a volcano, that promised warmth and took refuge there.

In fact this whole region was somehow floating on The Winds. The local populace was human the Sandpeople. They occupied the oasis regions in the area. However, these areas somehow moved about with The Winds.

They were a warring people, but suddenly things changed for them. One day they might muster a mighty army ready to attack their neighbour's fortress, then when they awoke in the morning the fortress had gone, replaced by the quiet farming oasis of their friends and allies. No longer could they plan and wage wars, but instead just lightning raids.

It was not only the dragon that was sucked into this place. Some Heroes and Wizards, any in fact who carried or wielded magic, were at risk of being borne up by this teleporting wind. Random folk found themselves in this place. They were seemingly trapped. But those with certain magical skill and knowledge found ways to return to the normal world… and the legends began.

At the current time Global Warming is again on the rise in the normal world and The Winds have created vortex-portals. It has been found that these portals carry folk to this other place. The different races have warred over these and at this time you as Lords, Kings, Leaders, whatever currently have access to one such portal.

You have established that these portals can only hold so much ‘stuff’, once full (1,500 points), anything else you push in to them means a like amount of ‘stuff’ comes back out. (If you want to change a 100 point unit of archers for a 100 point cannon, it works. Don’t get hung up on this!) You may discover other limitations as the game goes on.

Now, this new land offers magical riches. At least that’s what the legends say, because a whole load of stuff was picked up and dumped there during the Great Warming…

On the other side The Sandpeople have told you the dragon used to fly out and sniff for gold and magic, until finally it took a great sleep in its mountain. A mountain surrounded by a sea of lava that gives off poisonous fumes to anything that would try and cross it by ‘sea’ or by air (basically you are not getting across)… unless…

Occasionally, magical portals do briefly open up. You all have Sandpeople spies and scouts out there looking for ways to get to The Isle, so your army can slay the dragon and get its hands on the item of ultimate Mwaahahaha!!! (Ultimate Power)…

Campaign Turn 1 (of 6)

The ‘Lords’ have each established a ‘Capital’ and gained some other areas of land. This provides a local income of GOLD which provisions the local army via the sand people. GOLD is a bit like ‘Dune spice’. It cannot exist outside of this place, and the Sandpeople do not work/trade for anything else.

Suddenly - on two edges of your realm you hear that portals to The Isle have been located. You decide to send 600 points to find and defend the portal in one of your oasis and send an exploratory force through its portal (up to you how many units). AND send 900 points to carry out a lightning raid on an enemy oasis to capture the portal there and send an exploratory force through.

(Thus there will be 4 battles for the ‘village portals’ and 4 non-events where by the time the forces get there the portals have already vanished.)

At the end of Campaign Turn 6 – one Lord will have the most Battle Points (Scoring Points) and be declared the winner. He has won the right and found the path that will enable him to fight the dragon… Hopefully we can have an all-dayer somewhere for an Armageddon battle, where The Winner and some allies take on the Dragon and its allies…
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Ok if units persist does this mean random rewards will stay the same or be rerolled each game? Daemons can buy gifts as magic items which is a roll on a table so would this stay the same each battle normally or only if they get 'upgraded' at the end of the a battle ?

also since i dont have access to a rule book at the moment can someone tell which of these unit types can enter a building please ; monster, war beast, cavalry and swarm.
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(24-01-2014, 03:01 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Ok if units persist does this mean random rewards will stay the same or be rerolled each game? Daemons can buy gifts as magic items which is a roll on a table so would this stay the same each battle normally or only if they get 'upgraded' at the end of the a battle ?

also since i dont have access to a rule book at the moment can someone tell which of these unit types can enter a building please ; monster, war beast, cavalry and swarm.

Please see main answer under FAQs.

WRT Building entry I also don't have rulebook to hand. I think answer is no, no, no, don't know!
Cool might leave me with a problems as very few of my units can enter a building lol
Does this mean wizards who get 'upgraded' keep the spells they've rolled for the previous battle ?
No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(24-01-2014, 03:49 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 03:01 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Ok if units persist does this mean random rewards will stay the same or be rerolled each game? Daemons can buy gifts as magic items which is a roll on a table so would this stay the same each battle normally or only if they get 'upgraded' at the end of the a battle ?

WRT Building entry I also don't have rulebook to hand. I think answer is no, no, no, don't know!

Infantry, War Beast, Monstrous Infantry, Monstrous Beast, Swarms can enter a building.

Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry, Monster cannot enter.

War Machine may deploy inside, but cannot enter or exit a building once the game begins.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(24-01-2014, 04:57 PM)Gareth Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 03:49 PM)Agincourt Wrote:

Infantry, War Beast, Monstrous Infantry, Monstrous Beast, Swarms can enter a building.

Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry, Monster cannot enter.

War Machine may deploy inside, but cannot enter or exit a building once the game begins.

Thanks Gaz.
(24-01-2014, 04:36 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Cool might leave me with a problems as very few of my units can enter a building lol
Does this mean wizards who get 'upgraded' keep the spells they've rolled for the previous battle ?

Hopefully now Gaz has clarified rule you will have a chance!

In general Wizard Spells are rolled at the start of every battle. There may be some surprises along the way though...
Do we need to declare a specific Lord at some point? One guy you must take as your general? Or is the player the Lord and sends different generals as req'd?
(24-01-2014, 06:10 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Do we need to declare a specific Lord at some point? One guy you must take as your general? Or is the player the Lord and sends different generals as req'd?

Answered under FAQs
(24-01-2014, 06:39 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 06:10 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Do we need to declare a specific Lord at some point? One guy you must take as your general? Or is the player the Lord and sends different generals as req'd?

Answered under FAQs

Poop. Looks like its High Elves.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen