Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHFB Campaign? FAQs page 4
I have played and spoken to a few people now, and get the feeling that there is interest in a WHFB campaign.

How much interest would there actually be in this from the people at the club? I wouldn't say I'm the person to oversee or control this, I'm still a complete novice - but I would like to see something get started, so I created this thread.

I'd put forward an idea for something like 1600pts armies starting sometime next year.

Alternatively, start at something small like 500pts and increase the value by 250pts per month until capping at 2000pts? Just chucking out an idea I spoke about with Dan a while back.

Thoughts / suggestions etc?
If I recall a friend of mine, was putting together a pack, that included rather a lot of information about compagns (basically everything GW ever printed, and anything people sent him.) I can always ask Witek if he still has it, and if he can forward on something, for you to pull ideas from.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I have an old white dwarf with a campaign system set in lustria which looked pretty good, could dig it out if it would help. Would love to do a campaign but don't think I could commit until after the 40k league finishes as too many pies and too few fingers!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yes great - I was hoping we could get something sorted for next year once the other campaigns have finished.

I'd be happy to organise as already have some ideas, but would be very happy to read your mates info Gaz.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I'll have the beginnings of a dwarf army next year and as i'll be back i might be interested. im still learning though.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(13-11-2013, 02:39 AM)Simian Wrote: I'll have the beginnings of a dwarf army next year and as i'll be back i might be interested. im still learning though.

Same here, still got a Dwarf battalion sitting in the box.

Quite fancy assembling some Wood Elves too, we've got plenty of those kicking around as well.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(13-11-2013, 02:26 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(13-11-2013, 02:39 AM)Simian Wrote: I'll have the beginnings of a dwarf army next year and as i'll be back i might be interested. im still learning though.

Same here, still got a Dwarf battalion sitting in the box.

Quite fancy assembling some Wood Elves too, we've got plenty of those kicking around as well.

I'm pretty terrible and new myself so I'd have shot myself in the foot if that is an actual barrier to entry in the tourney!
My thoughts are to have some skirmish size games as well as bigger battles. And using map movement could end up with a couple of 'clan leaders' getting together to bash a larger force of high elves that are moving south or whatever.

Potential would be to have two short games of a night, or the Triumph and Treachery thinking of three small bands gang up on one larger army (but who might do some back stabbing and try to run off with the artifact, or...)

I'd like to think it would all grow to be a final all-day apocolyptic Saturday battle where all players are on the same field of battle together... and he who pushes to climb up and defeat the dragon atop its tower gets the Crown of Ultimate Power... Mwahahaha....!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I'll try Witek again, seeing as the Facebook message hasn't worked. I might pick up a mighty empires pack or two, and we can try something in writing for the first one. Might give us all something to work from, and tinker with in the future.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I spotted this the other day and don't know if it would be any good to help keep track of a campaign if you do one?
http://www.wfbattles.com/
Not gonna lie, only been on the site briefly and no idea if will be any good or not, but might be worth looking at?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven