Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHFB Campaign? FAQs page 4
Me, Mick and simon (Etched oracle) are currently involved in a fantasy campaign based around the battle of the badlands campaign book and using the mighty empires board as a map. We're having good fun with it. Each player has three armies on the map each led by a 'Hero of legend' a lord choice character we made at the start of the campaign that stay the same throughout, each army is led by one of these heroes and moves around the map claiming territory and fighting opposing forces. Random events and season specific special rules are making it very entertaining
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Dave hasn't sorted it out yet. He told me that he might get around to sorting it over the holidays. However between Thanks Giving, Xmas, New Year and two podcasts, I am not expecting much.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I've downloaded these:

http://warhammer.chrisnye.net/Files/WarlordCampaign.pdf

And had a read through. Sounds interesting.

Propose to run a campaign starting January (I can do the background over Chrimbo). Would need a kick off session, then 6 turns which could mean we do just 1 (or if you're keen 2 with skirmishes) battle a month for 6 months.

SIX spaces..., but don't see why we can't make it more if interest is there.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Campaign would be awesome, very interested.

What would be the points value? Or is it too early for that?
(04-12-2013, 06:16 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Campaign would be awesome, very interested.

Points vary depending on how your empire is fairing, income to fund army, available battle points, stuff you discover, special areas allow you to field an extra unit, allies/mercenaries you find, loss of captured lords and charactres, and so on... but my initial read through suggests it's based on a 2,000 pt army for main battles.

It's a lot to take in first run through. But rules seem to have taken best from two other campaign systems and added experience from them, so hopefully tried and tested could be OK. We can try them and learn anyway...
(04-12-2013, 06:55 PM)Agincourt Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 06:16 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote: Campaign would be awesome, very interested.

Points vary depending on how your empire is fairing, income to fund army, available battle points, stuff you discover, special areas allow you to field an extra unit, allies/mercenaries you find, loss of captured lords and charactres, and so on... but my initial read through suggests it's based on a 2,000 pt army for main battles.

It's a lot to take in first run through. But rules seem to have taken best from two other campaign systems and added experience from them, so hopefully tried and tested could be OK. We can try them and learn anyway...

Had a quick read through (skipped the scenarios at the end). 2000pts looks like the starting point for just having your capital city. Looking at several different rules this can easily go up to 2500-3000pts (also go down to 1750pts)

I know there are several people who can field significant points values - I cannot as yet get that high. I suspect that the people looking at taking up WHFB with the campaign in mind couldn't either.

If there is enough interest from the people at the club who can play those values, great - might be best to play that and see what scope there is to reduce the points value in the future? After all, anyone with those values of point will know the game well, so it'll likely be a quickly and easier process.

Just some thoughts.
(04-12-2013, 07:04 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote:

Had a quick read through (skipped the scenarios at the end). 2000pts looks like the starting point for just having your capital city. Looking at several different rules this can easily go up to 2500-3000pts (also go down to 1750pts)

I know there are several people who can field significant points values - I cannot as yet get that high. I suspect that the people looking at taking up WHFB with the campaign in mind couldn't either.

If there is enough interest from the people at the club who can play those values, great - might be best to play that and see what scope there is to reduce the points value in the future? After all, anyone with those values of point will know the game well, so it'll likely be a quickly and easier process.

Just some thoughts.

It's a fair point - Reality is we wont have time to complete games more than 2,000 points on club nights so we'll have to dumb the suggested points down some. As to not having enough points, then allies are allowed and we have enough folk with extra armies, etc. to provide ally units, etc. We'll make it work. It's about joining in and having fun, make the rules work for us and don't let the tail wag the dog.
(04-12-2013, 07:10 PM)Agincourt Wrote:

Just some thoughts.

It's a fair point - Reality is we wont have time to complete games more than 2,000 points on club nights so we'll have to dumb the suggested points down some. As to not having enough points, then allies are allowed and we have enough folk with extra armies, etc. to provide ally units, etc. We'll make it work. It's about joining in and having fun, make the rules work for us and don't let the tail wag the dog.

That's a good mentality. I'd be up for the campaign definitely.
(04-12-2013, 07:32 PM)Rebel Squirrel Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 07:10 PM)Agincourt Wrote:

Just some thoughts.

That's a good mentality. I'd be up for the campaign definitely.

Excellent Big Grin
(04-12-2013, 01:16 PM)Agincourt Wrote: I've downloaded these:

http://warhammer.chrisnye.net/Files/WarlordCampaign.pdf

And had a read through. Sounds interesting.

Propose to run a campaign starting January (I can do the background over Chrimbo). Would need a kick off session, then 6 turns which could mean we do just 1 (or if you're keen 2 with skirmishes) battle a month for 6 months.

SIX spaces..., but don't see why we can't make it more if interest is there.

I would definitely be up for this.
40k - Orks