Poll: I intend to bring
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ulthuans Defenders (High Elves)
22.22%
2 22.22%
I'm one of them good guys (Force of Order)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Its good to be BAAAAADDDD (Forces of Disorder)
55.56%
5 55.56%
This SANDwich tastes good (Neutral)
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega Battle Sign Up.
I will bring our fortress, there are some wide parapets and towers.

MAGIC ATTACKS - noting we have no magic weapons, please advise what units, etc. can only be hit by magic attacks, those that get/don't get wards against magic, etc.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(30-06-2013, 08:37 AM)Agincourt Wrote: I will bring our fortress, there are some wide parapets and towers.

MAGIC ATTACKS - noting we have no magic weapons, please advise what units, etc. can only be hit by magic attacks, those that get/don't get wards against magic, etc.

Paul that question makes very little sense to me. Explain it to me in just under two hours.

I also don't want you in a tower. Bring whatever you want but I don't want you stood inside of it, avoiding a fight and making a game non-existent. The Clubs Fortress is just a backdrop to a back story. The Evil side get VP's for breaching the gate, there is then no point in going inside. You deny them VP's for stopping them destroy it, so get stuck into them in combat, and tie up their attacks. If you want to stand on the inside by all means do so, but I may GM a few comets landing on your heads.

Im fairly sure, one of the Skaven Daemon gods has a useful spell for me to use to. Hmmmm Cracks-Call.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
How did it finish up?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
The forces of good demolished the Evil Brettonians (as usual) and their allies monsterous minions were being picked off right across the battlefield [Victory poits were about 54 v 28]. The gallery shows the forces of good basking in pure white sunlight whilst the dark hoards sat in the shadows.

Unfortunately we only played three turns which wasn't enough time for the foot troops to move across the board and get into combat. I think the time challenge was although 3 or 4 generals per side were supposed to be playing simultaniously we had to watch the effects of each others magic and shooting before we did our own thing, so turns took longer than normal and we probably started too far apart on the 6' boards.

But it was good fun... and we'll know better next time.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Was good fun, forces of good had more magic and shooting than us for sure but we were barely getting to grips by turn 3, 3 more turns and it may have been a much different story. (...or it could have been even worse haha)
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(01-07-2013, 09:35 AM)Agincourt Wrote: The gallery shows the forces of good basking in pure white sunlight whilst the dark hoards sat in the shadows.

I did like that shot!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Indeed, two hours to set up, and the fatal error of deciding to have you with a 48" gap between sides was a big issue. Really should have spotted that, seeing as a 4" move marching 8" a turn would take 6 turns to get across the board. Big big mistake.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I didn't loose, I successfully lured 3 chaos armies into a clever ambush and destruction. I should be rewarded !!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(01-07-2013, 08:55 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: I didn't loose, I successfully lured 3 chaos armies into a clever ambush and destruction. I should be rewarded !!

Yuh huh . . . Lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Just wanted to say a big Thankyou to Gaz for all the effort he went to.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers