Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Eldar pic, new rumours, Wraithknight pic page 2
(30-05-2013, 10:10 AM)Simian Wrote: I read all that just to find this...

"i will skip ilic however. i want one thing for you to see for yourself"

I'll have to wait till sunday then. Its the only model im getting and i'll decide based on his rules if i make an allies force around him.

When is the new codex due?

Saturday it'll be out. i can wait
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Spotted this and thought i'd post it here for you Ben-

The wording of Illic (and his Pathfinders) implies that all of their rolls are Precision Shots.
Precision Shots allow for allocating against a model(s) of your choosing in the target unit as long as they are in range rather than normal rules for Wound allocation.

Without having read Illic and his Pathfinders' rules in detail, this is just the impression I am getting.
I would assume that is why they went out of their way to make such a clear distinction. It is the difference between a unit rolling 6's To Hit with their Sniper Rifles and gaining Precision Shots(Rangers) and a unit consistently having Precision Shots (Pathfinders and Illic).
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
that does sound good. a squad of elite snipers would be fun.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hope fully they are still shrouded :p

Not sure money is going to stretch this month, so may have to PDF the codex for now, looking forward to it anyway Smile

Illic has great rules. I've bought some pathfinders and now i'll be getting some harlequins and Warpspiders and something from the heavy slot to round out my cool units allied force.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
Do you have the codex Ben?

I do yes
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss
(01-06-2013, 09:17 PM)Simian Wrote: I do yes

how good do Eldar in 6th look?

I think they'll be one of the most mobile armies out there. virtually everything can shoot then run. the psychic abilities look good and the dual nature of them is nice. i need more time to digest any more than that. all shots being precision shots of the pathfinders is nice (with Illic) and there is a sniper rifle that has a 120" range. its not the one of illic though which is a shame. his does cause instant death though.
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss