Poll: How many games???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
3 Games?
12.50%
1 12.50%
4 Games?
62.50%
5 62.50%
5 Games?
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red War Tournament II discussion - RULES PACK QUESTION PG2
I'm still doing the rules pack, missions are done, but I do have a question:

I believe the old 500pt rules set had a limit of 34 combined armour pts limit, so that rules out Landraiders, Anni-Barges, Ghost Arks, Monoliths, Furioso Dreads, Battlewagons etc

But things like normal Dreadnoughts, War Walkers, Falcons, Wave Serpents, Rhinos/Razorbacks, Vindicators etc will be fine... It would stop Anni-Barge spam tabling opponents in 3 turns lol, but I don't want people to feel so limited then don't want to attend...

Another option would be to limit the FOC normal 1 HQ 2 Troops minimum, then additional 1 HQ, 2 Elites, 4 Troops, 2 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support (no duplicated units in the none troops slots?)

It's a tough one.. Because limiting the FOC slots someone with say a GK LRC with Psybolt multimelta, storm bolter, Coteaz, some Deathcults and a few squads henchman squads in Razorbacks with psybolt could do well because people cannot even stop the death star from smashing them.. :p

Quote:I believe the old 500pt rules set had a limit of 34 combined armour pts limit, so that rules out Landraiders, Anni-Barges, Ghost Arks, Monoliths, Furioso Dreads, Battlewagons etc
that seems a reasonable restriction.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(24-05-2013, 06:44 AM)Embolden Wrote: I'm still doing the rules pack, missions are done, but I do have a question:

I believe the old 500pt rules set had a limit of 34 combined armour pts limit, so that rules out Landraiders, Anni-Barges, Ghost Arks, Monoliths, Furioso Dreads, Battlewagons etc

But things like normal Dreadnoughts, War Walkers, Falcons, Wave Serpents, Rhinos/Razorbacks, Vindicators etc will be fine... It would stop Anni-Barge spam tabling opponents in 3 turns lol, but I don't want people to feel so limited then don't want to attend...

Another option would be to limit the FOC normal 1 HQ 2 Troops minimum, then additional 1 HQ, 2 Elites, 4 Troops, 2 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support (no duplicated units in the none troops slots?)

It's a tough one.. Because limiting the FOC slots someone with say a GK LRC with Psybolt multimelta, storm bolter, Coteaz, some Deathcults and a few squads henchman squads in Razorbacks with psybolt could do well because people cannot even stop the death star from smashing them.. :p

Death stars can only be in one place at a time. I like the lop sided lists as it starts to get a bit like rock paper sissor. An all warrior (Silver tide) was great fun and kicked ass until it meet some heavy bolters Tongue

Barges are AV11 with a special rule to take them to AV13 Blush
I won't bring any barges with me. I need room for a Doom scythe or Dooms day Cannon or something else with Doom in the title Big Grin
Maybe i could do an all jokaero list.... i need to at least take the 6 i have painted. that leaves me with 190 points.....ah i see a flaw here.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss