Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas
Comments on the others;

Will - Having played it, I really like the theme of your list, although I get the concept of the 2 Taipei group I'm not a fan. If it were me I'd turn it into an Active Scan Group - Pathfinder 3 of Jakarta plus 2 New Orleans. These can all move independently and give your more drop as well as Frigates you can throw at critical locations, as well as 2 active scans if you need them.

Chris - I like both lists, but if you run into someone with lots of Corvettes (say 9!) you might struggle with the all Gargoyle list - it's pretty frigate heavy and the Calibar change we've introduced is pretty powerful.

JJ -  I prefer the second one, quite similar to mine! I think the Voidgates need to go with the Emeralds otherwise we're left hanging on the Blitzkrieg deployment, grouping them with the Diamond I've used in the last couple and it worked well. Having tried two Amethysts they were pretty useless, as Chris says I've used them as active scanners and the normally do quite well, the single Amethyst can then either go off to a critical location or harass frigate groups.

How does the Ruby do alongside the Diamond? I've got one but never used it.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement

Messages In This Thread
Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by will - 23-03-2018, 10:26 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by will - 23-03-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by LukeR - 27-03-2018, 08:39 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by LukeR - 27-03-2018, 08:41 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by LukeR - 27-03-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by LukeR - 05-04-2018, 10:57 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by will - 17-04-2018, 11:19 AM
RE: Midlands Maelstrom 2 list ideas - by LukeR - 19-04-2018, 08:02 AM