Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Kickstarter Dropfleet Commander - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Thread: Kickstarter Dropfleet Commander (/showthread.php?tid=2675)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jjakaalbinoboy - 09-10-2016

Yeah the Wave 1 retail release is still on for October 14th.

RE: Dropfleet Commander - scoundrel13 - 10-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 11:06 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 10:32 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 06:57 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 07:55 AM)scoundrel13 Wrote: Lucky Chris!

Where you planning on keeping all the free frigate spruces from different factions, or are you looking to swap some? Because I'm not fussed about keeping the Shaltari spruce I'llbe getting.

Yeah actually I'm looking to swap so definitely would like your Shaltari sprues!

Its a deal! My dropfleet arrived today, so I can swap my shaltari frigate and cruiser sprues for your scourge ones?

Sounds good, are you there tuesday? If so will bring them then.

Cool, I'm there so I'll bring both Shaltari spruces down to swap.

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jjakaalbinoboy - 13-10-2016

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander/posts/1706986

KS update from Dave

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jjakaalbinoboy - 21-10-2016

KS Update #56 Oct 21 2016 Shipping Update

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jaqenhgar - 02-11-2016

Ian, noticed a couple of rules errors in our game:

Ships with less than 4 hull points don't roll on crippling OR catastrophic damage tables - I think we were still rolling on catastrophic?

Launching Strike craft or munitions adds a minor spike to the ship - think we both forgot to do this for our carriers.(I think strike craft includes dropships and bulk landers - see p61 - but not totally sure. However as the strike carriers are in atmosphere when they do this spikes are not added to their sig anyway...)

RE: Dropfleet Commander - ians - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:49 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Ian, noticed a couple of rules errors in our game:

Ships with less than 4 hull points don't roll on crippling OR catastrophic damage tables - I think we were still rolling on catastrophic?

Launching Strike craft or munitions adds a minor spike to the ship - think we both forgot to do this for our carriers.(I think strike craft includes dropships and bulk landers - see p61 - but not totally sure. However as the strike carriers are in atmosphere when they do this spikes are not added to their sig anyway...)

OK Good to know Chris, yes I think we were still rolling for some. For ships in atmosphere I guess we still add the spikes in case they move up a layer next turn etc.

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jjakaalbinoboy - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:49 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Ian, noticed a couple of rules errors in our game:

The minor spikes for launching any launch assets is correct.

You still roll for crippling and catastrophic. Frigates have 4 hull points, rules say LESS THAN 4 don't roll. Crippling results are designed to finish off frigates, Dave said so in the Beasts of War video. Theres even a page that says what the blast radius for catastrophic results on small ships to D3.

RE: Dropfleet Commander - ians - 02-11-2016

Thanks JJ we had a few ships with 3 hull - the Nikar and void gates, with my frigates 4 hull we did roll correctly. Smile

RE: Dropfleet Commander - jaqenhgar - 02-11-2016

So I'm assuming the Shaltari Mothership picks up a spike when it launches dropships, but the voidgates do not as they are just conduits and aren't actually launching anything? This is bad as it makes the Mothership a lot more visible!

RE: Dropfleet Commander - ians - 03-11-2016

Chris I'd say that's right as it's the mothership that has the launch rule. But at least it can be 18" back from the clusters.