Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tau coming April, New pictures addded, it’s released April 6th.
Really looking forward to the heavy suit that apparently looks like the below conversion-

If it looks anything like that i will be very happy!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Wowsers.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Woooooooooo!
More new rumours, some contradict each other. Biggest rumour is that it is available to pre-order at the end of this month and buy start april?!?!?!

superawesomeraptorman over at Warseer General Discussion wrote:
Heard a couple of things through the grapevine. They COULD be complete tosh, they could be awesome insights. I'd say the usual dosage of salt.

HQ

- New firewarrior leader - can give certain squads special abilities
- Ethereal have auras - apparently they are ok, nothing to write home about
- no honor guard
- New tank commander special character - has preferred enemy imperial guard (?), use on a hammerhead apparently (best tank to use)
- no HQ alters FOC apparently

Elites

- Crisis suits no new sprue, getting repackaged into 3. This seems to contradict people hearing about a new recut - apparently commanders sprue (special issue weapons) will sneak in here?
- no stealth on stealth suits, will have something to make them harder to shoot still (maybe?)

Troops
- fire warriors 9 points - no idea about new upgrades etc
- kroot lose one point of strength (really that sounds lame)

Fast
- Pathfinders don't take devilfish anymore
- piranhas are cheaper, but not much different
- flyers go here - apparently one is anti air. Not really much news, but apparently dual kit but neither version amazing (more like a dark angels rather than necron flyer kit)

Heavy Support
- Submuntions purchased for hammerheads
- Broadside have strength 8 rail guns -_- BUT can buy skyfire (expensive) but cannot buy A.S.S
- Giant new walker here - pretty tough to kill, apparently his weapons are interesting. I wanted more details, couldn't get them

New abilities
- Single squad gets charged - every unit within 6" can overwatch into the charging squad
- Squad ability from commander (can't remember which one). If unit does not move AT ALL (no relentless, S&P tricks) every model gets extra shot. I got the impression that you can't use jet pack move with this either
- Two marker light hits = NO cover at all (not a marker light hit per -1 cover). Usual BS upgrade
- Seeker missiles can skyfire
- Multi-trackers come standard on crisis suits (or free? dunno which)

General Stuff
- Haven't heard anything about new kroot or vespid stuff
- Haven't heard anything about ANY new race, but wasn't exactly told no new race as opposed to nothing was mentioned

Honestly all I can remember, it might fly in the face of everything we know, and a plastic kit seems to be missing (fire warrior HQ, Flyer, Big Suit plus something?)

Again might be true might not, ce le vi.

Neko over at Warseer General Discussion wrote:
Right, just gotten off of the comlink to my contact in the icy north. Let's see now...
The codex is by Vetock.
The Ubersuit will not be competing for your Heavy slots.
Ion weapons will be overloadable.
Units will be able to overwatch to defend nearby comrades.
A new item of support gear will grant skyfire.
The new models are absolutely fabulous, much to the dismay of my future bank balance.

Could you at least say whether they've changed the look of the Crisis suits?

There is a new XV8 varient, but mostly they're the same.

The Dude over at Warseer general Discussion wrote:
I've heard no big Kroot beast, which makes sense if the Ubersuit is a Monstrous Creature.
Blood bowl Skaven
even more tau stuff: http://greenblowfly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...umors.html

April release

*Aun'shi is rumoured to be returning

*Two new characters are said to be included:

- One character is a tank commander (presumably a vehicle upgrade) like Pask from the IG Codex. He is supposedly in a Hammerhead and allows it to overwatch
- The other character allows Fire Warriors to consolidate after Overwatch

*Flyer dual kit (fighter and bomber)

*New Battlesuit and Broadside models

*Plastic Pathfinders

*A new Fire Warrior HQ (not sure if the special character mentioned above or a generic one)

*Ethereals buff units that they join with a selection of effects. One such effect gives an extra shot. This combined with a piece of wargear that adds 6" max range to the squad means that it's possible to rapid fire 3 shots at 18". Apparently this can potentially be 4 if the Fire Warrior special character is also attached.

*The large suit thats been rumoured for a while is supposedly called the Riptide. It is a Jump Monstrous Creature armed with Ion Cannon and standard Battlesuit support weapons. The Ion Cannon can reportedly use two fire modes, Heavy 3 (possibly 4) and single shot Large Blast. Riptide is rumoured to be around 165 base but only start with twin-linked Plasma. The Ion Accelerator is apparently an upgrade:

Three S7 AP3 shots or one S8 AP2 Large Blast

There's supposedly a special rule on the Riptide called Nova Accelerator which can do 4 things:

- Buff weaponry
- Double the shots of support weapons
- Increase invulnerable save to 3++
- Boost a stat

These ones as well-

Neko wrote:Seeker missiles can now be carried on suits

The Dude wrote:More info is coming to light regarding the Tau release. What I've personally heard is:

Aun'shi is rumoured to be returning.

Two new characters are said to be included.

One character is a tank commander (presumably a vehicle upgrade) like Pask from the IG Codex. He is supposedly in a Hammerhead and allows it to overwatch.

The other Character allows Fire Warriors to consolidate after Overwatch.

So it seems Overwatch is going to be the Tau's special trick, at least from a Fire Warrior perspective.

The large suit thats been rumoured for a while is supposedly called the Riptide. It is a Jump Monstrous Creature armed with Ion Cannon and standard Battlesuit support weapons.

The Ion Cannon can reportedly use two fire modes, Heavy 3 (possibly 4) and single shot Large Blast.

I have heard of the following releases:
Riptide large suit
Flyer dual kit (fighter and bomber)
New Battlesuit and Broadside models (not sure if these dual kit or not)
Plastic Pathfinders

A new Fire Warrior HQ (not sure if the special character mentioned above or a generic one)

Neko over at Warseer wrote:Has anyone mentioned yet that Pathfinders get new experimental toys to play with? I think they're ion based too, so they may even be truely mind-blowing like the rail rifles before them

shaso_iceborn wrote:There was much talk of refining the Tau codex weapons list. This is simply one of the ways we have heard about. I almost didn't post here at all but when I came on I had lots of PMs with support, with that said I will post this much for those who support messengers.

The mini ally dex has to my understanding been incorporated into the codex at the beginning of the book and will no longer be a separate compendium.

There is a Kroot HQ, but not in the conventional sense and he cannot command "Tau" forces (unless they bring back Prok but I have heard nothing on him)

Farsight will have a new model, it looks similar to the gamesday one.

Rail Rifles, Rail Guns, and Rail Cannons are the way they are distinguishing different rail type weapons in the new codex.

There will be 2 "new" special characters, one we may have seen before. (Aun'shi I think but do not have confirmation)

All I am giving for now will update later.

And to the those who said ignore the haters, thanks for the support and well wishes.

To the haterz, I only post what I am told, I honestly wish I was making it up sometimes as it would be easier than defending myself from certain people. Information comes, I pass along, nothing more, if I was making it up I would do something less dramatic.

Neko wrote:No new crisis suits, just a repackaging. I do believe the pathfinders are plastic though, and with a Big Drone too.
The new rules regarding overwatch look to be good for both gunline and mobile Tau. The key in either case is to make sure that your units are supporting each other, which has been a ke theme for Tau from the start anyway.

BTW, the 2 flyers are a bomber and a gunship - no transport. Incidently, they look a little like upscaled TX-42s
(...)
I suspect the Broadside change is also to bring the rules more in line with the model. The Broadside railguns have always looked to be about midway between a railrifle and a Hammerhead's railgun.

Edit: Also, for the conspiracy theorists, why would GW nerf the Broadside in favour of selling new models when the Broadside is a new model?

So are folks thinking they wont redo the krootox or kroot hounds? I had also heard a rumor of kroot hawks? Neko can you add anything regarding kroot?

Only that there's none in the new battleforce box.

The Dude wrote:Ethereals buff units that they join with a selection of effects. One such effect gives an extra shot. This combined with a piece of wargear that adds 6" max range to the squad means that it's possible to rapid fire 3 shots at 18".
Apparently this can potentially be 4 if the Fire Warrior special character is also attached.

Riptide is rumoured to be around 165 base but only start with twin-linked Plasma.

The Ion Accelerator is apparently an upgrade: three S7 AP3 shots or one S8 AP2 Large Blast.

There's supposedly a special rule on the Riptide called Nova Accelerator which can do 4 things:
Buff weaponry (unsure how or which weapons)
Double the shots of support weapons (missile pods ect)
Increase invulnerable save to 3++
Boost a stat (unknown which or by how much)

Natfka again wrote:via 3++ is the New Black (from inside the Chatbawks)
Broadsides - 85 pts with S8 Ap1 Skyfire; not sure if this is in place of old S10 AP1 or if the 85 points + skyfire is an option but its there.

Here is a response from a very reliable rumor checker that sometimes comes in to help us take a closer look at rumors.
via an anonymous source

They're not 85 points base, that's including their Skyfire upgrade.

They are indeed STR 8 AP 1 however on the broadside suits, then pay to add skyfire, but not interceptor.

this is from the comment section of the post from earlier today.

via shaso_icebornMarch 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
or Rail Rifle S6 Ap3, Rail Gun S8 Ap1 Skyfire (with option for interceptor) and Rail Cannon S10 Ap1.
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm so exited you have no idea lol
if even a fraction of this stuff is true i may just have to build those allies for my orks that I've been thinking about.
40K: Orks and Chaos Space Marines

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth
I'm looking for a skyfire allied help for my Grey Knights, Helldrake(s) ruin my army.. so Broadsides look like a must to me! :p

Picture leaks!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Blood bowl Skaven