Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New starter set Confirmed
OK maybe I am tempted to get these! The Deathwing and Ravenwing look really nice, and that Hellbrute looks amazing.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(18-08-2012, 07:51 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK maybe I am tempted to get these! The Deathwing and Ravenwing look really nice, and that Hellbrute looks amazing.

Well i'd swap the Dark Angels for the Chaos if you wanted. I wouldn't be using them so they would either have to be resold, or they would go to waste. Looking forward now to continuing my streak of playing bad guys (they are always much more fun in my opinion! XD)
You could always use the DA as the Fallen, convert them up a bit and you have extra chaos guys.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(18-08-2012, 12:57 PM)manrogue Wrote: You could always use the DA as the Fallen, convert them up a bit and you have extra chaos guys.

I suppose it's one idea, but the characters might still go to waste. I'm hoping the Hellbrute or w/e it is comes with a few weapon options. Will be nice to see what you can fit on him, though Melta still might be my choice if he's as brutal in close quarters as he looks. Lets hope he can Deep Strike too! Another idea would be if someone wanted to go halves on the starter set if they just want the Dark Angels stuff.
Ask and you will receive, rumoured stats-
Hellbrute

120pts base

Type: Walker
Rules: Rampage

Armour: F12 S12 R10
WS4 BS4 S6 I4

Multi-Melta / Power Fist (with inbuilt combi-bolter); Because it is a Walker, it does not strike at I1.

Multi-Melta can be swapped for
Butcher Cannon, or
Twin Reaper Autocannons, or
Twin-linked Lascannon, or
Twin-linked Heavy Flamer.

Combi-Bolter can be swapped for Meltagun or Heavy Flamer.

Mark of Khorne: Rage USR
Mark of Nurgle: At the beginning of the turn, a D6 result of 5+ restores a Hull Point, OR can repair a immobilised / weapon destroyed.
Mark of Slaanesh: Sonic Scream (offensive & defensive grenades)
Mark of Tzeench: Flame weapons (if equipped) gain +1 strength and -1 AP (AP4 becomes AP3, etc)
Blood bowl Skaven
Wow, taking the Tzeentch mark with 2 Heavy Flamers looks like it could be a nasty combo for frying Space Marines and Necrons. Would give 2 STR 6 AP 3 templates, one of them getting rerolls to wound. Are you sure it's a walker though? Seen as Chaos already gets a Dreadnought, why bring out a new model which is basically the same? Sure, it looks a ton cooler than the Dread, but it would make more sense to turn it into a Chaos version of the Dreadknight perhaps, that would be my preference.
Thats the current rumour, i thought it would be a MC.
Blood bowl Skaven
I'm putting my money on it being a MC. Will say again, anyone wanting the Dark Angels stuff fancy going halves? If not may Ebay them or something.
I'd like to have the small rulebook if I buy it, and want to see the models in the White Dwarf before I commit. However, if I do buy it I'd be happy to exchange the Chaos side for the Dark Angels side, so I'd have 6 bikes and 2 DW squads, plus more tacticals with nice DA symbols. Any choas player would obv. get double the goodness (badness?) as well. Anyone up for this?

6 ravenwing bikes alone comes in at £50, so it looks like a bit of a bargain what with 2 termy squads and those characters and tacs as well.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(19-08-2012, 02:03 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'd like to have the small rulebook if I buy it, and want to see the models in the White Dwarf before I commit. However, if I do buy it I'd be happy to exchange the Chaos side for the Dark Angels side, so I'd have 6 bikes and 2 DW squads, plus more tacticals with nice DA symbols. Any choas player would obv. get double the goodness (badness?) as well. Anyone up for this?

6 ravenwing bikes alone comes in at £50, so it looks like a bit of a bargain what with 2 termy squads and those characters and tacs as well.

Sounds good to me. All though i think i'd prefer to split a box, as i don't know whether i would use 40 cultists, depends on their points (don't see them being over 7 each though), swapping the Dark Angels stuff is a very close second, as it leaves me with 12 Chosen (amazing looking guys) and 2 of those Hellbrutes XD