Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravenwing
(08-01-2014, 09:28 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Brazen claws have the iron hands chapter tactics, so the master gets I will not die and 6+FNP. They're a second founding chapter.

Why the land speeder storm? If it's just for the speed I don't think it's needed with all the bikes in the list.

I could just about scrape together enough points for a tech marine on a bike with a power field generator to go in the command squad, giving them an inv. save - badly needed with all the ignores cover around.would have to drop two more mg's, a multi melta from an attack bike and drop the tacticals to some bare scouts to do it though.

Storm for protection and another mobile scoring unit that can outflank, plus it gives them a heavy flamer, multi melta, heavy bolter, only BS3.. so I like the Heavy Flamer on mine...

Whats Inv save would they get? Thats a lot of stuff to drop and means you're relying more on those Knights/Command squad. They would be your anti-tank, anti-mc and anti-infantry... not saying thats a bad thing, they're both amazing units, but I'd prefer some more back up units... I regretting taking 2 Skyrays and not 2 with some battlesuit support (3 double plasma to deep strike in somewhere :p

They'd get a 4++ save from the pfg but would have to be within 3" of the bearer, plushe would have to detach most of the time before combat because it confers the inv. on any model within 3", not just your own.

Yeah I think you're right and it's probably not worth it, I can outflank the small squad maybe to keep them alive. I could squeeze in a 5 man Deathwing squad with 3 th and storm shields and a cml for more turn 1 alpha strike and to take a bit of pressure of the big knight squad, plus they are scoring with azrael:

HQ (575)
Azrael 215
Int chaplain on bike with mace of redemption160
Ravenwing command - 5 bikes 200
Troops (550)
Ravenwing squad - 3 bikes, 2mg's, attack bike - mm 155
Ravenwing squad - 3 bikes, attack bike - mm 135
Deathwing squad 3 th and ss, cml 260
Fast attack (420)
10 ravenwing black knights - 2 grenade launchers 420
Allied Brazen claws (305)
Chapter master - artificer armour, thunder hammer, bike, shield eternal 250
5 scouts 55
Total 1850

But not sure, will have a look at the land speeder storm. Cheers Rob.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Looks at a tasty list, when are you free for a game Chris?

Not played you at 40K in ages, and would love to go up against this list!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds good Vince, I have yet to face your tau bomb! Next date I am free is on the 28th, you want a game then?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yep sounds good, dropped it on the weekly meetings thread. Big Grin
Blood bowl Skaven
Very tempted to try a change to my list with some Dev Centurions:

HQ (455)
Azrael 215
Int chaplain on bike with mace of redemption 160
Tech marine - power field generator 80 (goes with dev centurions)

Troops (290)
Ravenwing squad - 3 bikes, 2mg's, attack bike - mm 155
Ravenwing squad - 3 bikes, attack bike - mm 135

Fast attack (420)
10 ravenwing black knights - 2 grenade launchers 420

Allied Brazen claws (685)
Chapter master - artificer armour, thunder hammer, bike, shield eternal 250
5 scouts 55
4 dev centurions - omniscope, 2 grav cannons with amp, 2 tl las cannons, 4 missile launchers 380

Total 1850

Bit light on troops, not sure how it'd work out as the devs don't have ignore cover or reroll to hit like in Nick's list. Also I don't own any centurions and they are a bit pricey...
Yeah and you would have to buy two sets to get the 4. Ouch.

I like the original list, looks more fluffy and cool while still packing a punch.

Just my opinion of course Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Thanks Vince, yeah I will stick to the original plan for now, I was also thinking if the Deathwing squad and the RW command don't work I could fit in a tech marine with pfg and either two dev squads or two preds and a vindicator to take pressure off the Knightstar. Only got three practice games before BB5 to decide!
Yeah, vindicator could be tasty against Centurians/Buffmanders/captain on bike as it ID's them if you can get within 24" with it. Getting within 24" could be the problem as that vindicator would be number one on my list of targets.
Blood bowl Skaven
Will have to try both ideas I guess!