Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravenwing
bring it on Rob! Although I am trying to keep some weeks free for the upcoming elimination tournament and 40K campaign, plus I have two weeks booked for Necromunda (2nd and 23rd I think). October has 5 tuesdays in it though Smile
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Mate, I will be bringing it, no more softy armies from now on Wink

I have a couple booked up, and the elimination thingy, will be getting the draw up for that next friday.

Id probably have the melta bombs as an option I'd take against certain armies since they're only useful against vehicles while the points could be used on more anti infantry equipment against armies with less or no tanks. I think you need to put something in to deal with flyiers given thedamage i'm seeingthem causing but its worth remembering they have low armour so mass rapid fire can shoot them down with a bit of luck.

Other than that looks like a fun list that will either drive your enemies into the ground or fail lol. I look forward to seeing it and mabye some day my terminators can chase your bikes around the battle field lol .

No you are right I dont need any more models......but it's so shiney

40K & WFB - Chaos daemons, BFG - Imperial, Warmachine - Cygnar,Retribution and Skorne. Blood Bowl - Chaos,dwarves,humans.
(21-09-2012, 04:49 PM)jimbobabob Wrote: Id probably have the melta bombs as an option I'd take against certain armies since they're only useful against vehicles while the points could be used on more anti infantry equipment against armies with less or no tanks. I think you need to put something in to deal with flyiers given thedamage i'm seeingthem causing but its worth remembering they have low armour so mass rapid fire can shoot them down with a bit of luck.

I was thinking similar, especially considering so many people are dropping mech in favour of infantry with 6th and the rise of flyers lately.

Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Yeah, perhaps I could drop them, but they might be helpful if I get charged by a walker. Also I only have two and nothing else to spend 10pts on unless I upgrade the power sword on the command squads serge to a power fist.

Jimbo - Look forward to it Smile I also love terminators and can field a 1750pt list with 32 terminators and nothing else! Awesome against some armies, but not so good against others. Are yours Deathwing as well? The only real anti-flyer thing I can take at the mo as Dark Angels, other than allies, is the quad gun, but I'm not a massive fan of it and it totally goes against the theme of the list. Maybe in a 3d company greenwing army or combined arms. Anyway, I'm not scared of a few flyers....gulp!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
So the first try of this list went well (thanks for the game JJ). really enjoyed playing a very different style of list - fast and maneouverable but very low body count.

The flamer bikes coming on the right edge when outflanking tipped the game in my favour I think as they took out 1 and a half squads of vets in one round of shooting! The command squad was ok, didn't really see what it could do cos it got pretty mauled, but on the plus side it took an awful lot of firepower, so I think it will stay for now with modifications (it still took out one vet squad, and made creed run away with just the chaplain and the apothecary left).

the landspeeders didn't do a huge amount this game, mainly because of the aegis defence line JJ had, which was definitely worth its points, and I need to work out how to use Sammael better, he spent most of the game hiding from hydras so that he didn't give away a VP, and his plasma cannon kept missing.

here is the revised list, includes another flamer squad for more flamer death (more bikes less speeders, no banner)!

Sammael - jetbike (plasma cannon, eternal warrior, nice shiny sword)
Chappy - bike
RAS - 6 bikes, 2 flamers, apothecary, power sword, attack bike with multimelta
3 x RAS - 3 bikes, 2 melta guns, attack bike with multimelta
1 x RAS - 2 flamers, attack bike with multimelta
1 x RAS - 2 plasma gun, attack bike with multi-melta
landspeeder with typhoon ml and mm
landspeeder with typhoon ml and hb
Yeah the flamers really did hurt, was so close to finishing off Sammael too! My mistake was deploying the Aegis with too much room behind it so your flamers got in behind. Still was a good game. The Ravenwing definitely hurt!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Here's the Ravenwing list I'm going to run with the new shiny codex having come out. Unsuprisingly it's very similar to the old list, but now with the addition of Black Knights and a command squad with the standard of devastation.

HQ
Sammael - corvex (200)
RW command squad - apoth, Standard of Devastation, 1 g.launcher (215)
Int Chap. - bike, auspex (135) (warlord)

Troops
RAS - 6bikes, 2 meltaguns, attack bike - mm, landspeeder typhoon with heavy bolter (311)
RAS - 6bikes, 2 plasmaguns, attack bike - mm, landspeeder typhoon with heavy bolter (321)
RAS - 6bikes, 2 flamers, attack bike - mm, landspeeder typhoon with heavy bolter (301)
RAS - 3bikes, 2 meltaguns, attack bike - mm (155)

Fast Attack
5 Black Knights - 1 grenade launcher (210)

1848pts

Chappy is the warlord so I can roll on the strategic traits table, whereas Sammael has to take his own trait which increases everyones speed a bit - not needed imo.

I would like to include a Darkshroud for +1 cover save for surrounding units, but it means dropping a typhoon landspeeder and that's a loss of offence for a gain in survivability. This list is not designed for maximum survivability but for sheer speed and dakka (starting to think like an ork now...uh oh), so the darkshroud unfortunately hasn't got a place (at the moment anyway). I really want to try it with a libby on a bike as well with telepathy powers as there are some good ones in there for Ravenwing, but that will have to wait, partly cos he'll need converting.

I will have to see how the landspeeders do - they give some long-ranged firepower but obviously are very fragile. If they don't perform well I always have a couple more attack bikes....
Thats a lot of bikes! I can see you getting in my face veeeeeeeery quickly!
Don't forget the Scouting or Outflank as well, Bikes are super quick, but lack durability, but the list looks wicked!