Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 10th July 2012
Wow, congrats Vince! Sounds like the flyers were awesome.

Thanks for the game Luke, I had a great time, not sure half your battle line on the receiving end of that Purple sun of Xereus spell did though... I got very lucky there with the 30" distance roll! Love it when a plan comes together...

I'm going to look up some of the (many) rules queries that came up when I get a chance and post on them, so that we hopefully won't have to look at the rulebooks so much next time (I'm sure Grimgor whatsisname will want revenge, seeing as he survived the battle). Your stone thrower was orc(?) of the match I think, killing nearly half my spearmen and making my very expensive sword masters flee.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Outflanking vendetta's are awesome, guaranteed to be nerfed when the 6th edition codex comes out!
Also like the stormtalon, and the added marines for a bit of survivability. Happy with the guard side, just the marine side I have to decide on.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-07-2012, 09:53 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Wow, congrats Vince! Sounds like the flyers were awesome.

Thanks for the game Luke, I had a great time, not sure half your battle line on the receiving end of that Purple sun of Xereus spell did though... I got very lucky there with the 30" distance roll! Love it when a plan comes together...

I'm going to look up some of the (many) rules queries that came up when I get a chance and post on them, so that we hopefully won't have to look at the rulebooks so much next time (I'm sure Grimgor whatsisname will want revenge, seeing as he survived the battle). Your stone thrower was orc(?) of the match I think, killing nearly half my spearmen and making my very expensive sword masters flee.

I have to say i had fun just watching the game to be honest. At the start it seemed Like all the Greenskins wanted to do was either run away, or beat the crap out of each other lol.
(11-07-2012, 10:12 AM)manrogue Wrote: Outflanking vendetta's are awesome, guaranteed to be nerfed when the 6th edition codex comes out!
Also like the stormtalon, and the added marines for a bit of survivability. Happy with the guard side, just the marine side I have to decide on.

Well done sir, kept your head in the game and well, those Vendettas are amazing, defiantly a big challenge to limit there effectiveness in the game. Tongue

PS everyone can read the full battle report here: http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...night.html

I have been waiting for the battle report, will have a glance at it now Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven