Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stream of Consciousness
Just a thread for some free-flowing randomness...

...or as some might call it, drivel Tongue

Feel free to post away, micro-blogging style, about stuff you're working on, thoughts about the hobby, or just anything you don't really feel like starting a new thread for.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Finally found some time to sit down for a painting session tonight, for what seems like the first time in ages. Erestor needs to be based, primed and whatever else time allows for, and I want to experiment with some colour schemes for those "Cadian Marines".
Busy making scenic bases for Collette and her dancers. Don't pop down McDonalds Oakenshaw for a coffee, as someone has pillaged their supply of coffee stirrers. Excellent floor boards they make.

And they look like this. [Image: img0265n.jpg]

@Gareth: They look awesome, and a nice cheap alternative to balsa wood lol.

@Stuart: Maybe try incorporating the cadian camouflage with a more basic flat colour to keep the 'space marine' feel and still have them wearing the camouflage you originally wanted.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Those bases look ace Gareth. I've got a similar one on the way from Antenocitis Workshop...

[Image: 2_1_12.jpg]

...a freebie that they kindly tagged on to the order I placed for another Mat-O-War for the club Cool
(29-04-2011, 07:58 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: @Stuart: Maybe try incorporating the cadian camouflage with a more basic flat colour to keep the 'space marine' feel and still have them wearing the camouflage you originally wanted.

Yeah, I'm thinking of something like Cadian Guard style Catachan Green armour, then a Kommando Khaki stripe pattern - something along these lines perhaps...

[Image: m1034147_19.jpg]

Might have to bring some paints along to the next meeting and get some tips off you chaps Wink
Right, Space Marine test subject stripped of paint, and ready for another go at Cadian camo. After I've installed some downlighters in the bathroom anyway...
Ended up having a bit of late night painting sesh last night. Recruited another 3 test subjects for my Cadian/Catachan Marines experiment, and after spraying them Chaos Black I gave them good coats of Orkhide Shade followed by Catachan Green. Didn't quite summon the courage to have a go at the camo stripes though Blush

Also made a start on Erestor, starting with a base coat of Mordian Blue on his cloak, followed by an Asurmen Blue wash.

Finally (it was getting a bit late by this point) I knocked up a base for that Aenur Mordheim figure, along the lines of a pair of spepping stones across some water. Looks OK so far.

Really hoping the bulk of my LotR forces turn up from Gifts for Geeks this week. My Erestor figure is looking a bit lonely at the moment.
Spent tha day at GW Dudley, playing in a 600pts 2 game WFB tournament. My magic deficient TK got tabled against Ogres game one for nil in return. I then battered an IoB Skaven force. Lost my Scorpion in last turn, before I could get to attack. Otherwise I expect to have Tabled him. Still finished 5th out of 10. Met some people who play at a club in Frankly. Passed on our forum site, and expecting an email on details of thier's. Could give people more places to play.