Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another GW price increase?!?!?!
Yep, Mantic are going to make a killing off me. Will still play 6th but will be using whatever alternative models i can.
Only plus side for me is Valkyries don't appear to be getting a price hike.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Good thing i planned on exploring other systems! Some of the price increases are a total joke.
It makes you laugh as all the rumours point to 6th edition requiring more troops etc to make the game bigger. So they smash the prices up to extortionate levels just before one of there major systems get revamped.
Grrrrr.
As mentioned, will still buy 6th, and maybe a few models. But where i can, will be following my mantic guard set up(44 troop models in the army box set at £40 compared to £80 for 28 troops and a sentinal).
Or scouring eBay like never before! Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
I guarantee one thing about 6th edition. You will need the opposite of what makes your army tick at the moment. That's so that whatever you have now, will need to be replaced. Same as their army books, and codices that are being released. Take the last 40k army book, the Necrons. The Monoliths which were amazing in the last book, are now garbage. However we have a host of £30 kits which make your army compete.

Since GW went public, their duty is to please the shareholders, not the gamers.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(26-05-2012, 06:21 PM)Gareth Wrote: I guarantee one thing about 6th edition. You will need the opposite of what makes your army tick at the moment. That's so that whatever you have now, will need to be replaced. Same as their army books, and codices that are being released. Take the last 40k army book, the Necrons. The Monoliths which were amazing in the last book, are now garbage. However we have a host of £30 kits which make your army compete.

Since GW went public, their duty is to please the shareholders, not the gamers.
Funny rumour going around about monoliths, new codex made them rubbish so everyone sold them, rumours around at min that 6th makes them useful again. So everyone that eBayed them has to buy new ones again(which was a lot of people from recollection), just after a price increase........
Not sure if true, but thats the rumour floating around.

Blood bowl Skaven
There was apparently much joy at the Mantic offices in response to the GW price announcement Big Grin

This might make a good editorial subject for the first newsletter.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(26-05-2012, 08:15 PM)Stuart Wrote: There was apparently much joy at the Mantic offices in response to the GW price announcement Big Grin

This might make a good editorial subject for the first newsletter.

This was their response to the 2010 GW price rise

Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
GW are pricing themselves out the market, I'm not sure how they actually make ANY money because I've not bought directly from in the past 8 years? Well I bought a black paint and a paint brush which set me back £7....................................... I only buy from Ebay and Nick :p unless I want some urgent I will go to Total Wargamer for the discount Big Grin

lol love the guys at mantic games
(29-05-2012, 07:35 AM)Embolden Wrote: GW are pricing themselves out the market, I'm not sure how they actually make ANY money because I've not bought directly from in the past 8 years? Well I bought a black paint and a paint brush which set me back £7....................................... I only buy from Ebay and Nick :p unless I want some urgent I will go to Total Wargamer for the discount Big Grin

Yeah, the 20-25% discount makes it a bit more affordable, and e-bay is great although sometimes things you get are missing bits or are a bit broken and need a bit of work. I still love the game, models and fluff (mostly) though, just shame they floated it on the stock market.

My wife bought me some paints once direct from GW and they made a mistake and there were a couple extra pots in there. Being an honest sort of lady, she phoned them and asked them what she should do, thinking they would just say don't worry about it, but they asked her to post them back! talk about tight-fisted! Problem is the accountants run the company, not people who love the game(s) - no offense if there are any accountants at the club Wink

tbh I can't see how they can keep increasing prices this much, at some point people will start switching en masse to other game systems, but it will only have an effect I think when kids new to wargaming become aware of other games like warmachine/kings of war etc and get into those rather than the more accessible but expensive GW games.

Having said that, people have been saying this for years and it doesn't seem to have impacted GW pricing policy at all!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari