Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total War in the Badlands - Malifaux
Awesome. You two can share your models and maybe have a half decent guild force Smile

Im hoping to have most of one board, complete by tomorrow, so it might get a run out on Tuesday.

Goals for tomorrow provided its not raining -

Paint up 3 4'x2' boards 2 boards started, out of paint for third. 2 done
Sand 4 4'x2' boards - Complete
Sand, seal and paint 2 hills - Complete
Finish off, two pieces of difficult terrain - not started
Filler up two more hills - complete
Shape and filler up stone pillars - all shaped, filler started
Purchase my GenCon event tickets - complete

So not to much to do on my end.

Complete lack of sunlight is slowing everything down. Topped with the fact the first 4'x2' board took two tester pots to paint, and the next took 4, means I am out of paint, and the colour doesn't look right. Still a dry brush will hopefully fix that. But the filler is taking its time, without any real heat outdoors, so I guess its a job for a few days.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
The Terrain Geek, came good. Not only did I receive my Best Sports and Best Painted prizes, I also received a mound of other goodies, which I will hand out through out the day.

Stuart has been a super supporter of the event, so if anyone buys anything from him, let him know I sent you his way, so he can see his promotion worked.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just a reminder that it is this weekend folks. I still have some terrain to create, mainly some buildings to paint up, but by Saturday I will have created some pretty nice tables for folks to play on.

Seeing as Malifaux is a more skilful game than 40k, I have places available, so if anyone is interested in attending, by all means feel free to show up.

However the main reason for the bump in the post, is to point out that on Sunday I will be running some Malifaux demo's down at TWG, too.

The idea being that given an even number of entrants, then people will pair up, and I will then be free to give some intro games to folks. If there are an odd number of players, obviously its going to suck if you get the bye, so I will match up against that player to give them a game. If there is someone wanting a demo in this case, then you can step in, and I can help guide, like I will be tomorrow.

So if there is anyone who has seen Malifaux, and wants to know more, this Sunday is a perfect opportunity. Failing that it would be good to see some other faces down at the store, to help pass the time.

Also does anyone fancy helping me set up the terrain on Saturday. I am heading down around 4.30pm, to get things ready, so if anyone wants a small say in the layout, feel free to volunteer.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Me, Amelia and Justin will be there on the Saturday playing in the Unhinged draft so we can give you a hand afterwards and help you set up the tables etc.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Thanks for the offer.

BTW some prizes.

--------------------

Photo was stupid large, and too lazy to host for a nice size. You will see on Sunday.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
You know one day I'm going to have to try this Malifaux thing just to see if it is that much more skilful and tactical than 40k like you keep saying Gareth! Can't make this Sunday though, but hope it all goes well.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Yeah I have drifted from Fantasy, but 5th ed 40k was just a borefest. Game revolved around who rolled the most 6's. At least in Fantasy terrain, to a degree, although lessened in 8th, plays a part.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(11-06-2012, 05:47 PM)Gareth Wrote: Yeah I have drifted from Fantasy, but 5th ed 40k was just a borefest. Game revolved around who rolled the most 6's. At least in Fantasy terrain, to a degree, although lessened in 8th, plays a part.

40k is all about terrain, be it self generated or not.

40k hasn't had terrain play a part since 2nd.

Everything hits on 7-BS, it may grant an inv save, but usually doesn't. Charging into terrain, has no effect as nearly everyone carries frag grenades as standard. All it does is allow you to roll a d6 to move, but as everything is in a APC it does nothing. Great system.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(11-06-2012, 05:50 PM)Gareth Wrote: 40k hasn't had terrain play a part since 2nd.

Everything hits on 7-BS, it may grant an inv save, but usually doesn't. Charging into terrain, has no effect as nearly everyone carries frag grenades as standard. All it does is allow you to roll a d6 to move, but as everything is in a APC it does nothing. Great system.
Obviously not watched my camping tactics with my guard, my whole army relies on getting that 4+ invulnerable save from terrain. My guard normally get no save at all, so using terrain to get cover saves and create lines of fire are what my list is all about.
I have tabled plenty of people who don't use the terrain properly, and i'm not the best player in the world.

40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven