Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropzone commander
Pre-orders delayed by a week Sad
From Facebook page-
Hi everyone!

I know this is something no one wants to hear, but we need to delay the launch of the full Hawk Wargames site by 7 days. This is due to a number of reasons (not all bad though!):

- Final assembly of the site is taking a little longer than expected, since we're working on extra content.

- We've been making several improvements to our line after user feedback, as well as adding extra army deals (There will be three for each race).

- Simply keeping up with the overwhelming response from Salute has taken a while, but this is no bad thing!

We're working our hearts out to ensure that the site does not disappoint. Hopefully you'll agree that taking the time to get it right was worth the wait when you see it!

The site will now open for Dropzone Commander pre-orders on June 8th, to ship July 23rd (since this delay has a knock-on effect to our schedule). In the meantime, the daily previews will keep coming!

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the short delay,

- Dave
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Update on factions with Rumours on game mechanics stole from a post on dakkadakka(Will add some pics up later as well)-

Shaltari: Can move their units around the table using portals; referred to as “slippery” but durable.

PHR: “Less but hard as nails” that quote seems to sum them up. Also made reference to Ghost in the shell as a stylistic influence.

Scourge: Brain parasites; they control the host and utilise the infrastructure already in place to their own ends.
“Razor worms” – I’m assuming these are the second infantry type available. Previously enslaved race “20 foot long, predatory, centipede-like” used to tear through buildings and room clearance.

Scenery: The stuff we've seen so far in pics will be the expensive modular stuff but he's also producing a relatively inexpensive set for those on more limited budgets.

He also mentioned building a strong online community with free updated rules and scenarios to keep the game fresh and the player base entertained.

As for the model releases there seems to be pretty much one big drop, each race having 12 units (some rising to 16 including variants) when pre-orders are up. Some units included in the rule book but not in the range will follow shortly. He's already planned the next two races and the expansion will progress the story and incorporate new elements.

RULES! (my interpretations): Terrain (buildings) seem to play a very important role both as cover and objectives. The focus on troops is for clearing out enemy buildings and for holding your own. To avoid the cliché of advanced Sci Fi weapons having a very limited range he's introduced a "counter-measures rule". He gives the examples of infantry and battle tanks; anyone can pretty much shoot at infantry in the open "dead meat". But shooting at an advanced tank will invoke its countermeasures, limiting the range. An example of this is conventional missiles; opening up at close range they'll easily decimate the opposition but they're easily thwarted at range.

Hope I haven't missed too much out or butchered it! As I said if you've got the time check the pod cast out; his interview starts at 25 minutes in.

Blood bowl Skaven
The website is due to go live any time now......
Anyone want to take bets that it will be a struggle getting on due traffic crashing server? Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Now the website is live, is anybody else at the club going to be buying any of this?
http://www.hawkwargames.com/pages/dropzone-commander
Slightly higher in price than i expected, i know TWG are going to be stocking this so am waiting for them to annouce there prices before i buy anything.
Very tempted by the Shaltari or the UCM, desicions desicions.......
Blood bowl Skaven
Dane was showing some interest in this - does look very good, but I've probably got enough to be going on with* Smile

*Although I have said that before, so don't hold me to this.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
The scourge are pretty much the only models i don't like so much, some stuff is nice, some ugly. I do like the PHR and Shaltari though, Mech army incoming maybe.......
Paul is all over this down at Total Wargamer, and intends to get everything in for the launch.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-06-2012, 04:45 PM)Gareth Wrote: Paul is all over this down at Total Wargamer, and intends to get everything in for the launch.

Any idea when he intends to put it on the website?
He has a section for it but nothing in there at the present moment.
Blood bowl Skaven
Looks like it might be good, but I will be investing in 6th edition and Flames of War in the next few months so won't be getting it any time soon.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(09-06-2012, 05:00 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 04:45 PM)Gareth Wrote: Paul is all over this down at Total Wargamer, and intends to get everything in for the launch.

Any idea when he intends to put it on the website?
He has a section for it but nothing in there at the present moment.

Apparently they have a new web guy. At the moment they have to input all items by hand, taking 5 minutes each entry. This new guy, Paul says can write a script that pulls all the catalogue off in one go, making it much easier. So I imagine it will be on there soon. Only issue is that DZC currently don't have a distributor, or at least one Paul is aware of. But it seemed quite high on the list.

On another note, they are stocking Mech Warrior now.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen