Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2013 - Saturday 20th April
Home and fed from Salute. After an initial spend of £129 at Forge World, I then behaved and spent not much (Gargantums,) and some trees for he club. I'll dig the receit out.

Far to many laser-cut MDF companies out there now, far to many nice minis, every other stall had 15mm scale resin buildings, but none had WFB / 40k stuff. Was good, but I don't know if I would attend next year, unless the club had a board, as to be honest everything can be bought online.

Also picked up the GCN magazine. Nice to see ourselves listed
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
What did you get from forge world, more HH stuff?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
The show mini (Kreig Comissar, Empire Warrior Priest,) and a Warpfire and Carmine Dragon. Carmine is damaged after washing it already. Far to many fragile spines, but I'll fix that no problem, after clean up. Warpfire is out of stock, but should be with me by the end of the week.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
[Image: b64xvt.jpg]
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
Great day (but long) day out - it really does take most of the day to get round see everything.

Picked up the last SAGA expansion, some dark tone quickshade, lots of custom "heads" for my somewhat stalled custom Space Marine chapter project, a selection of paints from different manufacturers for comparison, some bases for the rest of my Necromunda crew (nuts, just realised I needed to pick up some more MDF bases for my SAGA warband) and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

There didn't seem to be many showpiece gaming tables there this year - nothing that really stood out to me anyway. There was one very nice hilly, forested table though that caught my eye though.

It's great to attend shows like these to see some of the products first hand rather than just browsing them online, and have a general chat to some of the people in the industry. Nice to see lots of the little start-ups from recent years still going too.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Nice haul Jim!
Must remember to take my camera next year too.

Haha!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
[Image: voycm0.jpg]

met some unfriendly imperial types
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)