Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Space Marine Chapter
A little something I'm working on - a Space Marine chapter using Imperial Guard Catachan heads (with the occasional Space Wolf head applied to veterans, as seen here on the right) then either a Cadian or camouflage colour scheme for the armour.

I appreciate the idea of camouflage flies in the face of the usual Adeptus Astartes modus operandi of being being seen *and* heard Wink

Just need to think of a really good name for this chapter. Cadian Marines...?

[Image: cadian_marines.jpg]
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
If you stick with the camo pattern armour, the army could look really good if you pull it off. As for a name, you could name it after a predator that uses camouflage, like a tiger or most lizards. Or something in mythology that avoids being seen. Or for some interesting background, handpicked from cadians deemed to be too good for standard guard duty, they become 'Stalkers of Cadia' or something along those lines.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(23-04-2011, 05:12 PM)stygmatyr Wrote: Or for some interesting background, handpicked from cadians deemed to be too good for standard guard duty, they become 'Stalkers of Cadia' or something along those lines.

Now that is a brilliant idea! I might try and paint up the handful I've made so far, before my LotR stuff arrives.

Just realised, those are catachan heads, not cadians. Catachans are the jungle fighters or Rambos as i used to call em, and the cadians are the starship trooper look alikes. Just thought you should know before you search for cadian colour schemes lol
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Yeah, not to worry - it's a Cadian style colour scheme that I'm after, so primarily Catachan Green with Kommando Khaki stripes I'm thinking. My first experiment went OK, but I wasn't happy with the stripe pattern so I'm resorting to the Dettol treatment before having another go on my test model.
Very cool, looking forward to seeing them painted up!

I have had a custom Chapter knocking around (mainly in my head...) for a few years now; The Sons of Saurus. Basically a bike heavy SM army, but using Cold Ones instead of Bikes. I put together a couple of test models and wrote a few pages of background for them, but I've neglected them since we moved house (in 2007, so that excuse is wearing thin!). Colour scheme is something I can't settle on - green is the obvious choice, but as an Ork painter I think that would finally tip me over the edge!
Really must revisit this at some point. Caught some inspiration on the Games Workshop blog yesterday...

Picked up a few of these heads the other day, thought they might be an interesting option for the scouts: