Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC News: Why are grown men still launching tabletop war?
(13-03-2012, 11:09 AM)manrogue Wrote: Had to laugh at GW's claim that prices not high to exploit fans.....
Its the only fault i really have GW since i have come back into hobby.

Only????

How about the fact that the directors dictate to their games development team, that they need to under-power previously useful units, and over-power previously under-powered units. Also that every Codex/Army book must now include a huge £36 kit, that will be the corner stone of every army.

I predict now that come 6th ed, there will be some new form of high powered mega vehicle for every army, and that useful things like a Land Raider, will be made to suffer. It makes sense from a PLC point of view, new rules sell, but if you can sell new rules and new models, even better. The company as a whole is run for the shareholders dividends, rather than the gamers enjoyment, which is a shame, as the likes of PP, Wyrd, Battle Front, etc. have shown that even without treating your fans like excrement, you can succeed.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC News: Why are grown men still launching tabletop war? - by Gareth - 13-03-2012, 07:09 PM