Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Game of Thrones
Any George R. R. Martin fans among us?

The first episode of "A Game of Thrones", based upon the first book in his fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire", aired on Sky Atlantic last night and was apparently very well received (I haven't seen it yet). So well received in fact that it's been renewed for a second season already.

I'm still working my way through the first book, so I'm hoping to finish it before the series catches up!

It would be great to see a tabletop miniatures game based upon the franchise - there are some great characters in the story.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Managed to sit down and watch the first episode last night - impressive stuff, pretty faithful to the book, and great production.
Dang I was hoping it would be rubbish. Virgin Media don't have Sky Atlantic, so that's another show I get to miss.
Is this an american show ?

Only the americans would have a show which sounded like it had to do with ppl sitting on the bog.

Reminds of the film "The Last Airbender", no one could have run this by a brit !

Big Grin
(21-04-2011, 02:42 PM)Simon Wrote: Only the americans would have a show which sounded like it had to do with ppl sitting on the bog.

Funny you should mention that because there's a Sky "fan show" for the series called "Thronecast", and it always makes me smile when I see it mentioned.

I do like to start the day with a hearty breakfast followed by a good thronecast...
Series 2 is airing tomorrow night on sky Atlantic at 9:00pm
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Really must finish watching the first season.
Heard good thing about the books and series, but never had chance to watch any.
If you want violence and people rolling around on the floor, as they die, go no further than Liverpools Reina and Carrolls showing today.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Game of thrones is the biz!! Read all the first 4 books, one after the other, just got one more to read, just waiting for the softback. Good and evil get turned around , and always surprises in nearly every chapter
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers