Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 21st February 2012
Cheers to Justin for the infinity tutorial, very close game, was alot of fun.
How does critical hit work again? Sure i never had enough of them...... Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Cheers for the game Alan, shame it wasn't a closer run thing!?
(21-02-2012, 02:55 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(21-02-2012, 02:44 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Stuart, I sent my message from my phone while on the road. Just realised the Fords of Isen is a huge scenario and not the one I meant, It's the one on the next page Rescue of Theoden (who has fallen in the Fords of Isengard).

I had a dabble at it with Tom and Adam Sunday and it was a really interesting scenario. We didn't finish, but very enjoyable.

No worries, I did notice that it was a War of the Ring scenario. I've never played any of the scenarios before, so that would be interesting to try. I'll also bring along the figures I have anyway, as that should give us a few options.

Stu, good game last night, very enjoyable. Have post-game been able to find stats for the heros and some other rule bits and so on. Would like to play it again sometime but have all the info properly to hand next time. I'll be putting this together anyway. So do you fancy a rematch sometime? Could mean concentrating on getting the two small armies painted up.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(22-02-2012, 12:23 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Stu, good game last night, very enjoyable. Have post-game been able to find stats for the heros and some other rule bits and so on. Would like to play it again sometime but have all the info properly to hand next time. I'll be putting this together anyway. So do you fancy a rematch sometime? Could mean concentrating on getting the two small armies painted up.

Thanks for taking me through it Paul - really enjoyed it, and I think towards the end the game was moving quite fluently. Definitely up for a rematch, and generally spending some more time with LotR. Will be interesting to what some of the scenarios in the new sourcebooks are like too.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Good game against Luke.

However I would like to reverse the result to a defeat for me. Whilst if I had remembered the Weapon Master on Tartar-sauce, I would have done bettererer, and most likely have finished the match on a greater points kill than Luke, we both missed something, that ultimately should we have realised, would have seen the victory to him.

Given the cheese ball way I snatched victory, if we had done the right thing, I would have came out on top via points, but would have been down on caster damage, seeing as I couldn't heal up those two vital points, to leave me healed.

However Luke should have done (and not choosing to spend focus to heal, which is a choice, and I would still claim victory, if this was a choice,) is use Imperishable Conviction. It is not an option, it automatically occurs, and seeing as I was slaying his Examplars left, right and centre, Luke would have been full health, and I would have been down two damage.

Thats my thoughts, and I am happy to accept the defeat.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Gareth, I understand that we both made mistakes in the game, but I'm not going to take a win off of you. I think that one of the only things letting me down now is my memory! Personally, I think that Gareth won it fair and square and I am happy to accept a loss, as it was one of the most fun league games I've had so far!

Thanks for the game, Gareth.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks all for being so welcoming on Tuesday, really enjoyed myself! You'll definitely be seeing more of me Smile
Was nice to meet you anyways, was fun watching your 'gaunts and Chris's terminators beat each other into a bloody paste Tongue
(23-02-2012, 07:31 PM)Mixmastersteve Wrote: Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks all for being so welcoming on Tuesday, really enjoyed myself! You'll definitely be seeing more of me Smile

Great stuff - was good to meet you!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."