Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 9th May 2011
On last meeting Dave told me that he can lend me some miniatures so i could build 2000 pts army. Since then i havent been in contact with Him. I think that i will bring over my 1200 pts DE army.
WFB (DE) 2014...W-D-L...2-0-0
if we can have two small tables for warmachine that will be fine, one for luke against rachel and one for simon (etched oracle) khador vs kat with cryx. only need 4' by 4' so that should free up enough room for people to play the bigger games of warhammer and 40k
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(05-05-2011, 12:43 AM)stygmatyr Wrote: if we can have two small tables for warmachine that will be fine, one for luke against rachel and one for simon (etched oracle) khador vs kat with cryx. only need 4' by 4' so that should free up enough room for people to play the bigger games of warhammer and 40k

No problem, I acquired some more MDF boards in 2 x 4 sections last week so we should be able to fit everyone in.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(04-05-2011, 06:43 PM)-=IP=- Wrote: On last meeting Dave told me that he can lend me some miniatures so i could build 2000 pts army. Since then i havent been in contact with Him. I think that i will bring over my 1200 pts DE army.

Hi buddy, sorry I have not been in touch, I have been in Hungary for four days. Yes I can lend you my dark elves, so I will go through them now and add a list of what I have later.
Tongue 
I am happy to play anybody... I just want to play! Practice the new rules, learn some tactics, etc. Then maybe enter some tournaments next year when I have a fully painted army or two!!!Tongue

Obviously knowing who I might be playing in advance is a help when building the army list!

Not sure why we are working to 1200 points (no probs btw...) However, is there a 'standard' list of points that we should consider having army lists for? E.g. 1,000 1,250 1,500 2,000 2,500 3,000?

Given our slot is 7-10pm - what size battle can we realistically finish in that time?

(05-05-2011, 12:35 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Not sure why we are working to 1200 points (no probs btw...) However, is there a 'standard' list of points that we should consider having army lists for? E.g. 1,000 1,250 1,500 2,000 2,500 3,000?

It's a good question - 1200 points is just a starting point that seems to work within the 3 hour window we have at the moment whilst some players are getting used to the latest rules, but as experience and proficiency grows we can probably crank up the army sizes. Perhaps try a 1500 or even 2000 point game next week and see how that works out?

If you can prepare army lists for various point values in advance that then will also maximise the playing time.

If you work at a half decent pace 2500 is possible in under 3hours from personal experience. I would like to work to a 2400 point target, as I intend on attending the Fantasy Autumn Throne of Skulls, and that is the points value. However I know Andy and Dave were playing 1200 last meet, as they get used to 8th. I on the otherhand have had over 20 games with this system, mostly at a 2000-2500 point value, so am more comfortable with higher value games.
(05-05-2011, 12:35 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Obviously knowing who I might be playing in advance is a help when building the army list!

Well, I think that it a better game if you don't know who you are playing. It makes you think more, and have to create a army that could deal with every threat. If you go to the GT tournaments at GW, you don't know who you are playing until the day.

(04-05-2011, 06:43 PM)-=IP=- Wrote: On last meeting Dave told me that he can lend me some miniatures so i could build 2000 pts army. Since then i havent been in contact with Him. I think that i will bring over my 1200 pts DE army.

Here is a list of my Dark Elves that you can use (all are painted) -
1x Lord / Hero on Cold One
1x Sorceress on Cold One
20x Black Guard, full command
20x Corsairs, full command
20x warriors with spears and full command
2x Assassins
6x Scouts
1x War Hydra
6x Cold One Knights, full command
5x Dark Riders with Musician
5x Dark Riders with Musician
1x Repeating Bolt Thrower

And a partridge in a pear tree!!!!

(05-05-2011, 02:09 PM)Maximus Davious Wrote: Well, I think that it a better game if you don't know who you are playing. It makes you think more, and have to create a army that could deal with every threat. If you go to the GT tournaments at GW, you don't know who you are playing until the day.

That's a very fair point.
(05-05-2011, 02:09 PM)Maximus Davious Wrote: It makes you think more, and have to create a army that could deal with every threat.

I bet there's a Sun Tzu-ism to describe that philosophy Smile