Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobby commitment.
This was something Stuart was setting himself each week, (which alongside the Ballard, dropped by the wayside.) Now that the Mini-Con is out the way, and most of us, are enjoying a lull in painting commitments, I feel it's time to set everyone a new challenge.

So I am going to start the Hobby Commitment challenge. This could be anything you fancy, and last along as you like, but it would be enjoyable to see people make some weekly progress on their commitment. For example, you could set yourself a challenge to paint a squad of 10 Marines in a week, or build 15 pieces of terrain by the end of March (with the aim of showing off a new piece or two each week, or progress on a spectacular item,) or just assemble your new Warjack. The level of your commitment is up to the individual, as everyones life is different, and can be more hectic in certain periods.

Running from Wednesday to the following Tuesday, each participant will sign-up in the thread, with their weekly goal. If you join in one week, there is no requirement to join in the next, so if your particularly busy, you can take a time-out. But I will arrange something for anyone who can complete 35 by the turn of the year.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
to finish one model a week in my hordes army (most of it are large/medium base models/size)
To get at least one regiment of my vampire counts done a week
Great idea Gaz.

With both my sons Tom and Adam into wargaming now (apples don't fall far...) I want to try and help them along a bit as well as doing my own thing...

For Adam plan is to get him going properly with Lord of the Rings Strategy Battles. From what I remembered the rules were relatively simple, so Sunday I re-read the rule book and sorted his box of figures out to see what we've got. Plan is to play the Balin's tomb scenario.
Will have to borrow a couple of figures from big brothers collection so, need to paint The Fellowship, 24 Moria Gobs and a cave troll (mordor troll standing in). Hopefully the painting will be a joint effort, with Adam getting the main colours on and me tidying up!

For Tom, he is into more things than I have time to type, but he does have some Warmahordes figures, undercoated and gathering dust in his bedroom, so as I also want to get into Warmahordes, will do a similar painting assistance operation.

For me, I want to get the rest of my Cutlass crew painted (and some others ordered) and I want to get my High Elves painted too.

Inspired by the Cutlass board, and Noisy Steve's scenery, I also want to get my own collection of scenery moving off the drawing board and box of 'stuff' status.

So...
For the coming week I want to achieve:
1+ x painting sessions with Adam - target to get 8 goblins painted.
1+ x painting sessions with Tom - target to get at least 1 warmahoard figure painted.
PLUS +++ Paint at least 1 Cutlass crew.

Sounds modest enough.

I also want to make a simplified flow-chart of the LotR rules for Adam (and me!) to use. But this may take more than a week to fit in!

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(06-02-2012, 01:29 PM)Agincourt Wrote: For Adam plan is to get him going properly with Lord of the Rings Strategy Battles. From what I remembered the rules were relatively simple, so Sunday I re-read the rule book and sorted his box of figures out to see what we've got...

...I also want to get my own collection of scenary moving off the drawing board and box of 'stuff' status.

I'm also keen to revisit Lord of the Rings this year Paul, and a scenery project in that vein might be worth considering - perhaps something based on Osgiliath or Edoras? It could be something we consider taking to Gloucester if we commit to hosting another table(s) next year, and could prove quite popular on the back of the first installment of The Hobbit hitting the cinemas just before then.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(06-02-2012, 02:22 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 01:29 PM)Agincourt Wrote: For Adam plan is to get him going properly with Lord of the Rings Strategy Battles. From what I remembered the rules were relatively simple, so Sunday I re-read the rule book and sorted his box of figures out to see what we've got...

...I also want to get my own collection of scenary moving off the drawing board and box of 'stuff' status.

I'm also keen to revisit Lord of the Rings this year Paul, and a scenery project in that vein might be worth considering - perhaps something based on Osgiliath or Edoras? It could be something we consider taking to Gloucester if we commit to hosting another table(s) next year, and could prove quite popular on the back of the first installment of The Hobbit hitting the cinemas just before then.

OK...!!!

Plenty of scenarios in The Hobbit for adaption. Dwarves are popular... I (we) do have a veritable load of dwarves (60-ish Crusader Miniatures) and goblins (GW). dwarves v stone trolls. dwarves v dragon.

Now I think of it, wasn't the big battle by a lake... didn't it have some jetties, village/town buildings, for sure some high ground and no doubt a big house (aka Govorners residence).... sorted!
(06-02-2012, 03:55 PM)Agincourt Wrote: OK...!!!

Plenty of scenarios in The Hobbit for adaption. Dwarves are popular... I (we) do have a veritable load of dwarves (60-ish Crusader Miniatures) and goblins (GW). dwarves v stone trolls. dwarves v dragon.

Now I think of it, wasn't the big battle by a lake... didn't it have some jetties, village/town buildings, for sure some high ground and no doubt a big house (aka Govorners residence).... sorted!

Lots of battles to choose from too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mid...nd_battles

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(06-02-2012, 04:06 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 03:55 PM)Agincourt Wrote: OK...!!!

Lots of battles to choose from too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mid...nd_battles

Battle of the Five Armies at Long Lake was the one in mind. Maybe a tad too ambitious!
to base all my infinity models and at least undercoat them!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
to paint one Waveserpent, currently just undercoated.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari