Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 7th February 2012
I think the reason why i ended up doing so well was mainly his army composition and his deployment. Many of his units were left unsupporting each other, and thats a big nono against Dark Eldar, as it leaves me free to redeploy and destroy them at my leasure. I also think that the charge range of my Raider-borne Lelith and her Wych bodyguards took him by suprise. Move 12" disembark 2" run D6" assault 6". I'm hoping he drops some of his more expensive bits and takes some more scoring units, will probably mean a tougher game for me.
I am happy to give Malifaux a bash (tutorialish) if possible.
Happy to play Cutlass campaign game.
Happy to try out warmahordes if I can borrow the pirates (tutorialish)
Happy to play Warhammer Fantasy

Any takers?
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Paul if you want I can help you take on Stu at Malifaux. You can use my Rasputina crew, which will be altered slightly from above, to run you both through the basics.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
That sounds fine with me - having not played for months I'm almost back to square one, so I'd prefer a (tutorialish) run through the basics again.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I'm planning to pop in to Hobbycraft in Shirley on my way home tonight, so if anyone wants any paints or other hobby materials picking up while I'm there then let me know (before 4.30pm today) and I'll bring them along to the meeting tomorrow.

I already intend to clear them out on whatever (if any) stock of Devlan Mud they have.
(05-02-2012, 08:35 PM)Gareth Wrote: Paul if you want I can help you take on Stu at Malifaux. You can use my Rasputina crew, which will be altered slightly from above, to run you both through the basics.

Excellent. Thanks Gaz. Will do...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Nice to meet you tonight Chris(es) Smile

And thanks for the Malifaux refresher Gaz/Paul, although I'll probably need another one in three weeks when I next get round to playing.
Chris, thanks for the game mate, sorry about your bad luck at pivitol times!

I'll be posting a bat rep HERE at some point over the next day or so if you're interested.

Cheers Rob, it's all swings and rounabouts with the dice anyway, in reality I got outplayed, crucial deployment error didn't help! Was fun and will have to have a rematch sometime. Belial has been recovered from the battlefield by a passing thunderhawk and they managed to sow him back together, amazing how these space marines recover, and is bent on vengeance...

Think those storm guardians should get a medal for taking out the master of the deathwing and a terminator squad without a scratch!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Got my first WARMACHINE league game win, and I'm rather amazed by it!

Even though I have in fact lost all of my league fixtures bar one (Against Racheal on the 8th), I've enjoyed every single game! Thanks for the game, Racheal!
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)