Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo themed Imp Guard army
Couldn't resist the Totalwargamer 25% discount any longer and just bought a Valkyrie, chimera, and hellhound.
Sigh.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(19-02-2012, 10:56 AM)manrogue Wrote: Couldn't resist the Totalwargamer 25% discount any longer and just bought a Valkyrie, chimera, and hellhound.
Sigh.

I had the same problem, already got 2 battle forces on the way, and found myself almost grabbing a Leman Russ earlier
If these wasn't so expensive i would so do empire themed imp guard army
http://www.knightmodels.com/product.php?id_product=50
Blood bowl Skaven
(19-02-2012, 12:48 PM)manrogue Wrote: If these wasn't so expensive i would so do empire themed imp guard army

NOOOOOO what are you thinking? Empire Storm Troopers are the only fighting force ever created that are worse shots than the imperial guard......except maybe orks Tongue
(19-02-2012, 01:42 PM)Nick Wrote:
(19-02-2012, 12:48 PM)manrogue Wrote: If these wasn't so expensive i would so do empire themed imp guard army

NOOOOOO what are you thinking? Empire Storm Troopers are the only fighting force ever created that are worse shots than the imperial guard......except maybe orks Tongue

Yeah would have to run a special rule "Can't hit a barn door- all BS is at 1 for entire battle" :p
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah, and any roll of 1 the storm trooper shoots the guy next to him instead....or his own foot.....
Just an update of where i am at with this, i have the following at the moment-
Com Yarrick (going cheap on ebay, already painted, couldn't resist)
5 x Ratling snipers
4 x Leman russ variants
1 x banewolf
1 x valkryie
1 x chimera
1 x basilisk
Blood bowl Skaven
My 2 battleforces FINALLY arrived last week, so atm i have 4 infantry squads, 2 command squads, 2 sentinals, and 6 heavy weapons teams. Rob wants to trade some of his Imperial guard for the rest of my grey knights, and i think i'll be taking him up on the offer. 2 LR's, chimera, 4 infantry squads, some heavy weapons teams and 5 ratlings.
So could be fielding your imp guard very soon then!
I'm just waiting for the corporation set to be released on 25 ish of march and i'll be pretty much good to go!
Blood bowl Skaven
(04-03-2012, 09:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: So could be fielding your imp guard very soon then!
I'm just waiting for the corporation set to be released on 25 ish of march and i'll be pretty much good to go!

Might still be a while yet, not making the headway with the VC horde that i would have liked to, and i think before i start the IG army i have planned i will probably be beefing up my Dark Eldar force, as lately i've been running into opponents that i dont really have the models/lists to counter. Most likely will be adding more hellions, 1 or 2 units of scourges and one chronos and one talos pain engines. As it is i'm already having to proxy some models against Luke, not saying what yet though ^_^