Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Day 2012 Miniature
For those who haven't seen it in White Dwarf...

[Image: m2210018a_99800101023_GamesDay2012_352x253.jpg]

Quote:Okay, I think the picture says it all really - what an awesome miniature! If you haven't done so already, make sure you click on the picture and spin it around to see all the different angles of the model.

So who is he? Well if you didn't read about him in January's White Dwarf, this is the Games Day miniature for 2012. Many experienced hobbyists out there will recognise him from the front cover of the very first Warhammer 40,000 boxed game - Warhammer 40,000 second edition, where he was busy blasting Orks to bits with his boltgun and punching their faces off with his power fist. Between Juan Diaz (the sculptor), and Kornel Kozak (the painter), they have faithfully recreated the miniature that John Blanche painted in the artwork all those years ago. In all honesty, I am now chomping at the bit to get my hands on this model - the Warhammer 40,000 boxed game was the first set I ever got from Games Workshop, so to paint the model from the front cover is a real dream. The thing is though, if I do one model, then I might just have to make and paint the rest of the models on the front cover, too...

(Sometimes I really wish I didn't get these ideas in my head...).

Source: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/bl...000016-gws
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."