Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VC Starter Army
Already kinda full on skeletons atm, got 40 of them. Not really planning on adding more at the current points value i'm aimed at. Might be worth thinking about for really big games i suppose.
Edited the list, thats what i'm constructing at the moment, plus a few extra units of zombies for ressurection/summoning purposes
Your list looks fairly solid. I would run the two units of 20 Zombies in a 40, and probably do the same with the skeletons. Without a Necromancer you are unable to raise Skeletons past their starting size, and a 20 will quickly crumble to dust. This way you are also freeing up some points from the extra command units for some funkier toys. I would consider dropping the Beguile off your Lord, and take quickblood.

I would run him like this.

VC Lord Lev 3
Additional Hand Weapon.
Heavy Armour, Dragon Helm, Shield, (combined 2+ Armour save.)
Talisman of Endurance (5+ general ward save, with a 2+ ward from fire attacks granted by the Dragon Helm.)
Quickblood Vampiric Power

You are then going to have a tough to kill lord, where only a direct hit from a no armour save attack will do much damage. However bunkered up in the Skeleton unit, he will have access to a look out sir roll, giving him a 2+ followed by a potential failed wound, followed this time by either a 5+ or 2+ save depending on the wounds type.

Get him into combat, you then have 6 attacks, with always strikes first, and at an initiative of 7, and a WS of 7. Against all bar High Elf a High Elf Combat Lord, you are hitting on 3's with a re-roll to hit. So getting 5 or 6 hits a round, at strength 5 usually means 3 to 5 wounds, and most will go through even Heavy armour and Shield. Take the ASF away though and that drops to 2-3 wounds, which whilst acceptable for most armies, is not quite what a combat vampire should be doing.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Is Quickblood really that important? I assumed that at initiative 7 i would be hitting first against most opponents naturally. Thanks for the tips too, will have another tweak of the list at some point to fit in the changes.
With ASF and an I of 7 you are getting re-rolls to hit. You could also take a Great Weapon, be striking at I7 so first, and batter things with no armour and wounding on a 2+.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(26-02-2012, 04:37 PM)Gareth Wrote: With ASF and an I of 7 you are getting re-rolls to hit. You could also take a Great Weapon, be striking at I7 so first, and batter things with no armour and wounding on a 2+.

Does ASF cancell out the ASL of the great weapon then?
Yesss
additional ss to get past the 5 characters min to post.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Thanks again for the tips, i didn't notice some of those rules combos the first time around. Think i might go with the great weapon option if i can fit the points in, i imagine there isn't much in the game that will live up to 5 strength 7 attacks, all with rerolls to hit.......for big games, i'm REALLY going to have to try putting Red Fury in with all that.....i could pretty much solo enemy units, probably going to average something stupid like 8-9 wounds per turn XD
omg, im one point over the Lords limit for 1500 point armies
You won't have re-rolls, if you have a GW. ASF and ASL cancel, so you strike at I level. If you have ASF and an I equal or greater than your opponent, you get re-rolls to hit.

It all changes if you get Vanhel's off though, it's another matter.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Yeah the list is illegal at the moment i think, stupid points limits lol. Also, can you use a shield AND two hand weapons? I always thought that it was either a one hand weapon and a shield, or a great weapon or two weapons with no shield