Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Wargamer - Upcoming events
Just an update on whats going on at Total Wargamer for the next few weeks.

This Saturday see's Owen and Paul put on a 40k Apocalypse game, and I am sure you would all be welcome in joining in. This event starts at 10am. Personally I am heading down for a while after work, to play some Malifaux, and again anyone interested grabbing a demo, or seeing a game in action can also feel free, to pay TWG a visit.

The following Saturday (28th) see's TWG host a pre-release tournament for the latest Magic the Gathering expansion, Dark Ascension. The sealed deck tournament starts around 1pm, and costs £22 to enter, which pays for the Boosters you will be opening and a little more for prize support. Again this is something I will be popping down for.

On the 4th of February, TWG will be hosting an Ex-Illis beginners tournament. All models will be supplied, and each entrant will be awarded some form of model.

The following day Dane and his club, have an Meeting going on at their Bishampton club. I will be popping over at some point to try and get some more Malifaux games in. Dane has mentioned they would be interested in seeing some Warmachine being demoed at the club.

Finally on the radar Total Wargamer will be setting Saturday 11th February aside for Warmachine. Having spoke to Paul today, he said it would be nice to see some of our Warmachine and Hordes players down, showing the game off, and generally giving Owen and himself a hand with any rules issues. Justin and Simon this might be right up your alley, and useful on any Press Ganger applications you are planning.

So thats whats going on in the next few weeks, and I shall be planning to make a use of a fair few of these events.

Gareth.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Saturday 11th February sounds good for arranging a couple of games and would be intreasted in this plus it would give me an incentive for painting a proper force lol
(19-01-2012, 06:37 PM)Gareth Wrote: This Saturday see's Owen and Paul put on a 40k Apocalypse game, and I am sure you would all be welcome in joining in.

The table for that looks very impressive - there are some photos on the Total Wargamer Facebook page for those interested.

(19-01-2012, 06:37 PM)Gareth Wrote: On the 4th of February...

...the following day Dane and his club, have an all day event going on at their Bishampton club. I will be popping over at some point to try and get some more Malifaux games in. Dane has mentioned they would be interested in seeing some Warmachine being demoed at the club.

Unless plans have changed I think the 5th might be a normal club meeting for the Evesham chaps Gaz - Dane told me the all-dayer is on the 19th?

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Ah yeah its their AGM isn't it. I still plan on driving over, see what I can get in.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I'm still planning on going down on the 19th too, hopefully to try my hand at Saga.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I would love to attend every event at TWG but sadly. I just don't have enough funds this side of pay day to get over there Sad However!...

With the best intentions possible I shall make myself available to Paul & Owen for anything Warmachine and Hordes related and I will make every possible effort to drive over on the Friday following my pay day to have a chat with them about said event/s.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Or Si if funds are a bit of an issue, speak to them in Gloucester, as they are running some Malifaux demos.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen