Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new member for the new year?
Hi all,

Managed to find the forum almost by accident - but what a serendipitous discovery! I live in Redditch and am looking to play more wargames and maybe even some RPGs if there are enough folks into that sort of thing.

So what am I into?
About 3 years ago a mate convinced me to tag along to Warhammer World in Nottingham and play a couple of 40K games there. From that point I was hooked. Surely a 40-something guy should know better, but fortunately I refuse to grow up and have since collected a small Space Marine force and supplemented that with some Necrons as I have to have some 'baddies' too.
Can't say I'm that good at the game but it's good fun, win or lose, and that to me is the point of playing games.

Since then I made the rash purchase of the 'Mines of Moria' LOTR skirmish game intro set in the hope of persuading my wife to play something more medieval fantasy based. It worked and we try to play a game a week if we can.
We are still learning the game but it is great fun, with a bit of the LOTR soundtrack playing and a bottle of wine on the table adding to the evening's enjoyment.

I mentioned Role Playing Games too. From my early school days in the 1980s and playing D&D we've progressed through to the White Wolf games of Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse and World of Darkness along with some others of our own devising (but using the same game mechanics). All played with the same dramatic style with a hint of comedy with a bias to role play than 'roll' play. Not played for a few years though.

My god - don't I rabbit on!
Anyway, I hope to pop along to your next meeting in January (wow - next week!) and say hi.
In the meantime I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and are looking forward to a fantastic New Year.

All the best,
Mark.
Hi Mark, and welcome!

Nice to hear from a fellow 40-something, and you're certainly not alone Smile

There's plenty of 40K going on, as well as numerous other games, and I'm always up for digging my LotR stuff out again.

Look forward to meeting you in the new year.

Stu.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yes welcome Mark. 40-something is a remarkably popular age in this group!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill