Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 3
We got Battlefield 3 today, and although I have only had a go on a couple of the missions (on my brother's account Smile), it seems like a real good'n. I've only ever had a proper go on the first one (Battlefield: Bad Company) but this one seems to be quite a lot different. I think that Bad Company was more of a rebelious storyline, where the squad that you are in are more rebels and don't follow the rules very well. Looks like in the third one you are more of a disciplined character. You play the roles of numerous characters, but it is still a pretty nice storyline. Nukes!

Must be one of the most realistic first person shooters I've ever played, though. Recoil is much more realisti, and so is the gameplay. On Call of Duty, I get the impression that your character is a sort of super-human who is able to withstand numerous shots to the face, a gouged out eye and seems to have some sort of power to fight against recoil. Also, I don't remember people being able to survive a magazine of bullets to the stomache.

One problem that I have with all shooters is that the character is able to withstand around 20x as much damage as enemies. I understand that often the 'good guys' are always suited up with a vest of kevlar, but kevlar don't stop shots to the face! I'd like to see a game where there is only about 6 missions, but each mission is very tricky, as every bullet makes the character weaker. For instance, on normal first person shooters, a shot to the leg will wear off after a couple of seconds as the character injects some miracle juice that stops all pain. However, I'd like a game where if you for instance take a shot to the arm at the start, then your accuracy suffers for the remainder of the mission - although you can bandage it to restore some accuracy.

Apart from the issue that any shooter will suffer from, an excellent game. Strongly recommended
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(29-10-2011, 04:06 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: For instance, on normal first person shooters, a shot to the leg will wear off after a couple of seconds as the character injects some miracle juice that stops all pain.

This is real. It can be seen every Saturday on Match of the Day, when a highly paid prat gets a dose of the magic spray, after being touched by the slightest of tackles. Note that through the years the magic spray has replaced the magic lucozade, which in turn replaced the magic sponge.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
What platform do you lot play on? PC, PS3, Xbox?

I'd like to play BF3, but I'm a PC player and don't own any consoles.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
I got it on PC, it is total WIN. PC man myself, kinda not liking consoles much anymore, got myself a beast of a gaming PC. Disposable income ftw!
(29-10-2011, 04:41 PM)GreyKnight Wrote: What platform do you lot play on? PC, PS3, Xbox?

I'd like to play BF3, but I'm a PC player and don't own any consoles.

Most. Smile. We play 360, PS3, PC, etc, but we've got BF3 on PS3.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Anyone thinking of getting it that owns a fairly decent pc, and likes multiplayer shooters should definately give it a bash. I dont often say this about games, but this is really one of the best ive played in a long time.
And Luke, if you want a seriously hardcore, realistic game, try Red Orchestra 2 on the PC. Worth a look if you fancy a bit of realism in your games. Get shot, you have to bandage or you bleed to death, and if you take a hit in the arm, your accuracy goes out the window, and if your legs get injured, you cant run anywhere near as fast.
(29-10-2011, 04:56 PM)Nick Wrote: And Luke, if you want a seriously hardcore, realistic game, try Red Orchestra 2 on the PC. Worth a look if you fancy a bit of realism in your games. Get shot, you have to bandage or you bleed to death, and if you take a hit in the arm, your accuracy goes out the window, and if your legs get injured, you cant run anywhere near as fast.

Now, that sounds more like it!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Its a bit of a smaller title, doesnt have anywhere near the polish that the bigger shooter series have, like BF or CoD, but its worth a look if you think it might be your cup of tea. I liked it, but alas im the only person i know who owns it, got a little bored playing solo, which is also the only flaw to having BF3 funnily enough Tongue
Sounds perfect - I'll definately check it out.

Thanks.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Been playing bf3 on and off all day (ps3)

Like the lip syncing on the cut scenes, possibly the best I've seen.

Just made it thru op guillotine on hard. Took a few attempts!

The fallout games also have more realistic damage area effect, however, no multiplayer. But with these things it's always a trade off between realism and playability.

Not tried multiplayer yet. Will work thru the campaign first. Not tried coop mode either which will be good if it works well !

Si