Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 3
Only played a little of campaign, but from what i hear its terrible. Been hooked on the multiplayer for most of the weekend when ive been free, and i can tell you its a gem Tongue
The campaign is ok.

Having been a pc player for a long time it's just checkpoint save that hacks me off a bit.

Took me ages to get used to the gamepad after years of mouse-keyboard, and I'm still avoiding games that make liberal use of combos.

Si
(29-10-2011, 04:56 PM)Nick Wrote: Anyone thinking of getting it that owns a fairly decent pc, and likes multiplayer shooters should definately give it a bash. I dont often say this about games, but this is really one of the best ive played in a long time.
And Luke, if you want a seriously hardcore, realistic game, try Red Orchestra 2 on the PC. Worth a look if you fancy a bit of realism in your games. Get shot, you have to bandage or you bleed to death, and if you take a hit in the arm, your accuracy goes out the window, and if your legs get injured, you cant run anywhere near as fast.

Nick, I'm a PC gamer myself - I have a "fairly" okay PC at the moment, though I do intend to upgrade it probably next year. It seems to run Deus Ex Human Revolution happily enough though so hopefully BF3 should be okay.

I haven't bothered getting BF3 yet because as a rule it's not as much fun to play FPS games online if you aren't in a clan of people you know. All my mates play on PS3 but I can't STAND consoles Sad.
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
I know what you mean, when i play a multiplayer game solo i often lose interest after a while, at least until i find a friend who has it or gets it. SC2 for example, as big a fan as i am of the game, i get bored playing with random people in multiplayer. BF3 is a team game, so its always better with friends. Already said to Sean the other day im going to start my campaign of nagging everyone i know with a pc to get it Tongue
(30-10-2011, 12:52 PM)Nick Wrote: I know what you mean, when i play a multiplayer game solo i often lose interest after a while, at least until i find a friend who has it or gets it. SC2 for example, as big a fan as i am of the game, i get bored playing with random people in multiplayer. BF3 is a team game, so its always better with friends. Already said to Sean the other day im going to start my campaign of nagging everyone i know with a pc to get it Tongue

Perhaps a RWS clan is on the cards? Tongue

Funnily enough I am right this minute playing SC1 (prefer the scale of it compared to SC2).

Grrrrrr checkpoint save. The epitome of groundhog day !!!!
(30-10-2011, 10:15 PM)GreyKnight Wrote:
(30-10-2011, 12:52 PM)Nick Wrote: I know what you mean, when i play a multiplayer game solo i often lose interest after a while, at least until i find a friend who has it or gets it. SC2 for example, as big a fan as i am of the game, i get bored playing with random people in multiplayer. BF3 is a team game, so its always better with friends. Already said to Sean the other day im going to start my campaign of nagging everyone i know with a pc to get it Tongue

Funnily enough I am right this minute playing SC1 (prefer the scale of it compared to SC2).

I love Starcraft, i remember playing the first one when i was about 8, between that and the first red alert it got me hooked on RTS games. And i wouldnt mind starting up a RWS clan, BF3 even has clan support Tongue
(31-10-2011, 09:56 PM)Nick Wrote:
(30-10-2011, 10:15 PM)GreyKnight Wrote:

I love Starcraft, i remember playing the first one when i was about 8, between that and the first red alert it got me hooked on RTS games. And i wouldnt mind starting up a RWS clan, BF3 even has clan support Tongue

Ahh, woops! Got confused by the SC2 abbreviation, I thought you meant Supreme Commander 2 Rolleyes I've never played Starcraft actually - it always looked too frantic for me. I prefer a slower paced game where I can play out a fairly long term strategy. Love C&C though I agree.

The BF3 Halo jump of Damavand peak has to go down as one of the all time great gaming moments.

For those of you unlucky enough not to have played BF3 multiplayer heres a clip:

Si
i love that freaking map, first time i played it i was so confused about where the hell i was supposed to go XD