Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Alcester
Thumbs Down 
Hi all

I live in Alcester but work in Redditch. I was in Total Wargamer in Blackminster at the weekend and they mentioned this club.

I'm 33 so I hope I'm not too old Wink . I used to work for Games Workshop many years ago and during my teens me and my mates were heavily in to wargaming (and D&D). I started with 1st edition 40K! During our 20's it all tailed off as we went to uni, got jobs etc. Now I want to get back in to it!

I am mainly in to 40K as I'm a sci-fi fan more than a fantasy fan, but I do play Blood Bowl. I have a current 1000 point Chaos Space Marine army (Iron Warriors) and I'm about to start a Grey Knights army. The thing is I haven't actually played 40K for years and I don't know the rules any more so I need to have a "gentle" game or two to pick things up again.

Do you think you can accomodate me?

Thanks

Graham
40K - Chaos Space Marines BloodBowl - Dark Elves & Ogres
Battlefleet Gothic - Chaos Necromunda - Redemptionists

Iron within, Iron without!
Plenty if folks playing 40k down at the club, so you shouldn't struggle. I am slowly going to build some SoB, although it may take a while, but my 40k rules knowledge is poor. I am sure you would be a master before I get to my learning stage. Manrouge would be the best to speak too, he is running our 40k campaign, but I am sure he could give you a tutorial, if you bribe him with polystyrene.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lol, polystrene is my candy! Tongue
I'm running a scenery/terrain workshop next week, but the week after myself or one of the other guys would be up for a game?
Were all pretty much just getting back into/new at 40k as well so no worries there!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Hello Graham, and welcome! I popped down to Total Wargamer at the weekend too, glad to hear they're spreading the word (Gaz - those badges did the trick!).

We have a good number of 40K players, and many are still (re)learning the ropes so you'll be in good company.

Hope to meet you soon.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(11-10-2011, 11:13 PM)Stuart Wrote: Hello Graham, and welcome! I popped down to Total Wargamer at the weekend too, glad to hear they're spreading the word (Gaz - those badges did the trick!).

We have a good number of 40K players, and many are still (re)learning the ropes so you'll be in good company.

Hope to meet you soon.

Yeah I think I was there when you came in on Saturday, I was watching Paul playing 40K on one of the tables and I saw the badges being handed out.

I'll try and come down one Tuesday soon, I don't have a fully painted army though, hope that's okay!

thanks guys

(11-10-2011, 11:55 PM)GreyKnight Wrote: I don't have a fully painted army though, hope that's okay!

You'll be far from alone in that respect - no problem at all Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Lol i have 2 armies with nothing painted, havnt got around to it yet, and i think most of the 40k players are only just getting back into it, including myself, so you're not alone in getting used to the rules again.
im from alcester ive only just got back into 40k and half my army is unpainted its all fine Smile
33... too many youngsters joining this club in my opinion! Big Grin

Look forward to meeting you.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Heh, thanks!

Yeah I think I'll try and drop in this Tuesday (25th) and say hello. I'll bring 1,000 points of Chaos Space Marines with me and if anybody can be bothered to give me an intro game of some sort then I'd be very grateful.

Graham