Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamesday 2012 40k table
I've noticed in the salute and Minicon threads that people would like to do a 40k table at an event. Personnally, i feel that those are to soon for us to be hosting a 40k table as we lack the rule veterans for 40k that we have for warmahordes(honorable mention to Justin and Simon thereTongue), with most 40k players at the club inexperienced or just getting back into the hobby.
So i'm proposing we look into hosting a table at gamesday next year, which will give us a good year to plan, learn the rules properly and build a fantastic board.
With rumours of 6th edition being released next year, i think it could be a fantastic oportunity to get our clubs name out there and maybe get some attention on ourselves.
Any thoughts on this?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
It's a great idea - I think it was the manager of the GW Solihull store who mentioned that GCN membership could entitle us to a table at Games Day.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(07-10-2011, 01:14 PM)Stuart Wrote: It's a great idea - I think it was the manager of the GW Solihull store who mentioned that GCN membership could entitle us to a table at Games Day.
I was sure i heard you mention that it was possible to do a table before this years gamesday. Been thinking about it for a while to be honest!
I would love to lead this through to fruitation if no one has a problem with that?
What kind of board would people like to do? Was thinking a home made trenchwork board, but am open to anything.
Blood bowl Skaven
You know what? I would love to take part in this too. Anything to help promote the club and get out into the communities playing games with new friends (Remember, strangers are friends we haven't met yet) plus with 6th Edition rumours lurking around, I could be further tempted in to picking up a copy and learning them.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(07-10-2011, 01:30 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: You know what? I would love to take part in this too. Anything to help promote the club and get out into the communities playing games with new friends (Remember, strangers are friends we haven't met yet) plus with 6th Edition rumours lurking around, I could be further tempted in to picking up a copy and learning them.
Brilliant, the more the merrier!
Blood bowl Skaven
Sounds like a great idea tbh, would love to help out with it. Sounds like a lot of fun too
Would love to help out on this how about arranging a meet up to draw up some plans and see what every one wants to do? Maybe over a few drinks or something.
be great would love to help out and make a fantastic game table
Fantstic idea! I'd love to help too Smile
Coolio, i'll harass people on tuesday and start gathering ideas and stuff. Will arrange a drink and planning session, just not yet as the salute and minicon take precedant due to being sooner!
Plenty of time for planning anyway, nearly a year away!
Blood bowl Skaven