Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA SAGA
Ordered the rulebook for now, will think some more on factions later.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Rulebook arrived today, seems pretty concise. I'll wait until after the MiniCon rehearsal before I tackle it though.
Started to read through the rules last night, and I really like the sound of this game. The proof will of course be in the playing, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try once the MiniCon is out of the way.
News from Gripping Beast on the forthcoming Northern Fury supplement to SAGA:

Quote:"They came from the North spreading terror before them and leaving desolation in their path"

Studio Tomahawk and Gripping Beast Publications are proud to announce a new supplement for SAGA!

Due 1st quarter of 2012, Northern Fury will give you 4 new factions to lead into battle, and contains the Battleboards and rules needed to play these warbands. It also has new Heroes of Viking Age for these factions plus a specially designed multi player scenario which will allow you to form allegiances and vanquish your enemies.

The new factions in the Northern Fury supplement are:-

The Bretons - These warriors fought on horseback using javelins and hit and run tactics to disrupt their enemies before dealing that killer blow

The Jomsvikings - Pagan warriors who's wrath and ferocity was legendry, historians still argue about their existence, but now you can field them in your games

The Scots - Descendants of the Irish migrants established on the western coasts of Caledonia, the Scots whose spears invited death to all who came near

The Anglo-Saxons - Sons of Ælfred the Great, they were known for courage and tenacity in battle, the Vikings feared them and rightly so, at the Battle of Brunanburh the seeds of England were sown

Alongside this publication we will be releasing new ranges of Bretons and Jomsvikings miniatures as well as a host of new "Heroes of the Viking age" to complement the factions to date.

Over the next few months both Gripping Beast and Studio Tomahawk will be publishing articles on their websites which will spotlight each of the new factions in turn and give sneaky peaks of the new figures and rules prior to their release.
First expansion, Northern Fury, is now available for pre-order (with a free miniature for a limited time): http://www.grippingbeast.com/product.php...=268441472
Grrr, Paypal "silenty" cancelled my payment for Northern Fury. Arranged to pick up a copy from Salute instead.
Picked up Northern Fury and a Jomsviking Warband from Salute on Saturday. Very nice miniatures - very heavy with lots of detail. All assembled (apart from shields) and ready for an intro game with Dane tomorrow,
Really enjoyed the intro game with Dane and Dean tonight - can see me playing this a lot more. Assuming I can find some opponents Wink
(24-04-2012, 10:44 PM)Stuart Wrote: Really enjoyed the intro game with Dane and Dean tonight - can see me playing this a lot more. Assuming I can find some opponents Wink

Stuart, your more than welcome to pop down to us on a Sunday and arrange a game. Most of the club have a Saga Warband.

Just drop a message here if you want a game:

http://www.wyvernwargamers.org.uk
Picked up my first box of Anglo Saxons, picking up another in a week, hoping to scrounge a copy of the rules to read in my near future. This has been a big hit at the Wyvern Wargamers, who are also holding a tourny in november. So the plan is to have my warband stuck together and fully painted by the end of July, and spend August learning how to play and master the game. If anyone is tempted now is a great time to start and it should be easy to get some demo games at the Wyvern Wargamers