Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA SAGA
They have game of thrones in the saga rules?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(25-10-2012, 07:57 PM)Noisysteve Wrote: Thanks for the game on Tuesday Stu, learnt a lot, especially not to charge in with your warlord or leave him on his own !! Had a look at the House Stark battleboard, also have House Lannister and some LOR ones.

Really enjoyed it Steve - glad you found the GoT battleboards, completely forgot to dig those out for you!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(25-10-2012, 08:39 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: They have game of thrones in the saga rules?

Not official, but someone has generated some custom battleboards (faction specific abilities) for some of the houses.
Sounds cool. Anyway, i have ordered the SAGA rulebook and will probably look to get a band together when i have decided which faction to go for.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Nice one Chris - there are some more factions in the Northern Fury expansion (which I have) and there's another expansion due out soon with a few more.
Wargames Illustrated issue 301 will include Byzantine faction rules and battle board.
(26-10-2012, 10:10 AM)Stuart Wrote: Wargames Illustrated issue 301 will include Byzantine faction rules and battle board.

yeah I've actually got that issue, although not sure historically how byzantines could be fighting many of the rest of the factions at present. bet they will be releasing some more Mediterranean/Central European factions shortly.
Probably, but seems like they going with a lot of interesting fictional matchups. warfare didnt really change for over 1000 years, so potentially even biblical armies would compete.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
I now have a 6pt Norman warband, after adding another point of Hearthguard and 1pt of flemish mercenaries
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Going to go Anglo-Danes, probably get them for Christmas Smile