Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cultass - Pirate Miniatures Guide Article
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/2008...tures.html

Check out the above link to article that then links to many pirate miniature producers. Very interesting...

I intend to build up the Royal Navy bods... Will be starting with the Black Scorpion Cutlass minis as they look cool, but the Foundry RN seamen look better uniformed than the rather tatty crew from BS, so a bit of mix n match on the cards.

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Great resource that!

Did Steve show you his Teddy Bear pirates last night?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(28-09-2011, 03:55 PM)Stuart Wrote: Great resource that!

Did Steve show you his Teddy Bear pirates last night?

He did - and the 'false' peg-leg teddy did make me laugh.
Rrrr... Now that I've seen the Fighting 15s site, I'm dying to get some of those Chinese Pirates... Ah well. Lovely minis on that site.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Just to let ppl know. I bought the following from Black Scorpion:

1 x Privateers 1
1 x Able Seamen 2
1 x Privateers 2
1 x Privateer Captain
1 x Dwarf Noble (had to get this just because of the size of his chopper!)
1 x Dwarf Rogues
1 x Dwarf Pirates
1 x Dwarf Captain

Paul, the pink foam should arrive within the next 2 weeks. I can either drop some off at yours or bring it into the club. I'm happy either way.

On that site he also looks at Pirate Boats. Not got much time during the day atm so I'll have a look tonight.
A few pirate dwarves and undead, orcs and others on ebay - a search for black scorpion cutlass does the trick.
(28-09-2011, 04:35 PM)Simon Wrote: Paul, the pink foam should arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks, just bring to the club. Need to plan what we are doing. Thinking of the campaign scenarios in the future then interchangeable 2' x 2' boards to make variable 4x4's would be cool.

My 4x2 plan aims at including beach (sea, surf and sand) - I'd like to see a jolly-boat for pirates getting onto beach. Leading to plantation/road. Then down the beach, beyond 'rocky outcrop' a wooden jetty/pier with ship(s) at anchor. A merchant vessel and maybe a RN gunship!!! Leading to docks with trade building, inn, storage yard (basically lots of planking). Are we talking defendable walls with cannon placements? Need to get to grips with scale/size of the ships v 28mm figs.