Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Eldar Hellions
Random question for anyone that feels like answering. Thinking of dropping Lelith Hesperax and her 9 Wych bodyguards in a raider for Baron Sathonyx and a big squad of Hellions, probably around 15. They would hit much harder than the wyches, even more so if im lucky with combat drugs rolls, but im worried that against anything other than weaker horde armies they could get bogged down in combat and worn down, and without a transport they look very very squishy to enemy gunfire. Wondering if anyone thought it might be worth a try. If not then i might just keep them in mind for bigger games, already planning on expanding to 2000 points and will see if i can get a bigger game going with someone.
Bout time you got on the forums Nick!
As mentioned to you before, a guy on the overlords podcast swears by Hellions and the baron, so i would give it a go. Gives you another option in any case.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
yeah been having a good gander through my codex today, decided to hold off starting on my Blood Angels for a while since it seems ive fallen in love with my dark eldar....even if they cant hit a thing with dark lances. Was mostly looking at what i could fit in for another 500 points and noticed that Hellions might be a cheaper, harder hitting alternative to wyches, but they would be much more vulnerable to enemy fire, would have overall less mobility and would suffer if combat against any kind of elite infantry if they couldnt kill enough of them fast enough.
But you could use your raiders and nightwing as a distraction, moving the baron and hellions through cover. Having those raiders fly around me certainly put me off my game any way.
Blood bowl Skaven
like i said, i will probably buy some anyway just to use for larger games. Planning on adding another Ravager tank with 3 dark lances, 5 scourge and 6 reaver jetbikes to take my army up to 2000 points, and if i went any higher then i would most likely take either Hellions or a big unit of wracks, was just worried that if they got caught out they would be destroyed by gunfire. One tactical marine squad rapid firing could mean a good 70-80% mortatlity rate.
save not good for them i take it?
Blood bowl Skaven
its only 5+, so its better than the Wyches. But Wyches get a 4+ invulnerable save in close combat and the transport gives them an insane amount of protection and mobility. Thats why its a tough choice for me, i think i might keep the Wyches for tougher oponents and take Hellions for hordes, 60 strength 5 hits on the charge at initiative 7 could mess up any hormagaunt's day
Sounds like a good decision. With the amount of terrain available and type(ruins,craters, rocks), if stay in it you our guaranteed a 4+ cover save, so thats worth a thought.
Blood bowl Skaven