Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precinct Omega paints...
Welp, here we are again!

The client for whom I painted that Tyranid army came back to me and asked if I could add a couple of units. "Oh yes," said I. "What did you have in mind?"

So I got eight Space Hulk genestealers... and another Trygon.

Here're the first four 'stealers:

[Image: 111124LAI-Tyranids-Genestealers1.jpg]

R.
Here's a new shot of the titan's legs. I've just finished the weathering and added some Grey Knights markings to an armour plate to integrate the model more closely with its supporting army.

[Image: 111212KEH-GreyKnights-Warhound-WIP9.jpg]

The weathering has occurred on most areas. There's simple battle damage, mostly concentrated around the ankles, for obvious reasons, but also present on the higher plates, representing impact hits, glancing hits and the damage from ineffectual melee weapons. Then I've also added fairly heavy applications of mud and dust from the Tamiya weathering powders range, which will match closely with the finish of the base (which is finished, BTW, just working on fixing it to the feet and waiting for my electric hand drill to recharge).

R.
Here're the legs again, but this time attached to the base.  I'll have to take some more pics of the base, because you can't see from this angle: the grey thing towards the front is a carved daemon head from the Arcane Ruins set, but I've painted the eyes to look organic.

[Image: 111213KEH-GreyKnights-Warhound-WIP10.jpg]

I'm just weathering the weapons.  The kill/honour banner is nearly done and the last set of magnets should arrive tomorrow, so I can attach the void shield generators, magnetize the top of the head and carapace (although the carapace is a seriously tight fit and really doesn't need it), and call it done.

And a little something from Manorhouse Games:

[Image: 111213-Manorhouse-TemplarSergeant.jpg]

I love these Templar models.

R.
More historicals:

[Image: 111217HAY-Napoleonics-French-LineWIP3.jpg]

I've just got one more flank company to do, then I'll do the command companies, the front ranks of which are to be painted to a higher standard. Then it's time to get the airbrush out again and start on the skirmishers.

Also, here's an update on the Brass Scorpion:

[Image: 111217LAI-BrassScorpion-WIP5.jpg]

[Image: 111217LAI-BrassScorpion-WIP6.jpg]

Should have this finished on Monday!

And finally, for today, some WIP shots of more Templars. I started this knight ages ago, but I had to go back and re-do a lot of his caparison as, having languished, forgotten, on my desk for many months, he had become speckled with paint water droplets and, in at least one place, a blob of Army Painter QuickShade!

[Image: 111217-Manorhouse-TemplarKnightWIP.jpg]

And here's something new; a Templar hero:

[Image: 111217-Manorhouse-TemplarHeroWIP.jpg]

One of the things I love about these minis is how incredibly over-armed they are. The Knight has his mace, a sword on his back and another sword on his belt as well as a dagger. The guy with the two-handed sword (for which he doesn't bother with a scabbard, which is awesome), also has another sword and a dagger. These guys really don't want to get caught in a fight without a pointy thing.

R.

EDIT - Oh, and I forgot to post a finished pic of the titan, so here you go:

[Image: 111215KEH-GreyKnights-Warhound-Done-Completeover.jpg]

A bit over-exposed, but if you want to see more pics, check out [urlhttp://www.precinctomega.co.uk/forum/index.php]the Precinct Omega forums[/url].
Finished the Scorpion!

[Image: 111219LAI-BrassScorpion-Done1.jpg]

[Image: 111219LAI-BrassScorpion-Done4.jpg]

[Image: 111219LAI-BrassScorpion-Done3.jpg]

[Image: 111219LAI-BrassScorpion-Done2.jpg]

R.
I feel very lonely in this section...

Anyway, here's a Trygon I finished the other day:

[Image: 120109LAI-Tyranids-Trygon.jpg]

And some more Manorhouse stuff:

[Image: 120110-Manorhouse-TemplarHero.jpg]

[Image: 120110-Manorhouse-Mercenary1.jpg]