Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2012 Cutlass! Table
Slight change of plan regarding the buildings.

Going for Grand Manner now. I'll hopefully be picking the stuff up on Thursday.

Paul, the dimensions of the Governors residence are: w=150mm, L=220mm, H=230mm

Picture below:
[Image: LS36.jpg]

I've also enquired about a formal garden:

[Image: LS08.jpg]

Which we can put alongside the Governors house, if there's room.

You can also have one of the single storey buildings to go alongside it.

All the buildings are going to be unpainted. We might have to leave it that way for the 10th December. If I can get my side of the boards done by then that will probably be enough. We can then concentrate on painting buildings, figures etc.

Si
Regarding the pirate ship. Need to make a decision on this one today if possible.

Man-o-War
[Image: psh3b.jpg]

Merchantman
[Image: psh2b.jpg]

Sloop
[Image: psh1a.jpg]

Sea Prince
[Image: GOW-PS003.jpg]

Sea Dog
[Image: GOW-PS002.jpg]

Brig
[Image: brig.jpg]

Sloop
[Image: largesloopandy.jpg]

Si
The Sea Prince looks like the most suitable candidate. I think that it's either that or the Merhantman.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(22-11-2011, 05:45 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: The Sea Prince looks like the most suitable candidate. I think that it's either that or the Merhantman.

Yeah, I like the Man-o-War but the size might be prohibitive, so the Merchantman could be a good compromise. The Sea Prince looks good too.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Agree - Sea prince first pick...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
I'll order that Friday night.

Got the buildings. I won't say exactly how good they are, as you'll be able to check them out on Tuesday. But...they are good !

Didn't get a chance to lay them on the board as I had some rework to do after the tower arrived, and I've been testing different paint schemes for the river.

Might go with a very dark river, the Black River (not truly black, but a bit sinister), haven't decided yet.

Paul, for the basecoat on the xps, I've tried a couple of testers from B&Q:

B&Q Matt Emulsion, Clay and Cappuccino. The clay is slightly darker, so I'm giving that a go. I'll mix it with sand and watered down PVA and see how that goes on.

[edit]Before doing that I'm also going to try a mix of the burnt umber acrylic from the works, might be better to have something dark brown on the board which we can dry/over brush up with lighter shades[/edit]
Built the second board today. Narrow river into rocky waterfall. Need to finish the bark cliffs off now and add my rocks (large hunks of gravely stuff - very nice).

Was going to experiment with ideas for water down the waterfall, any suggestions? paint background rocks then use rippled clingfilm?

My plan is to seal everthing with pva and sand mix. then I have a dark brown wood stain as base coat, then a zillion dry brushes over that I planned on applying with a sponge effect. It would make sense to have the boards looking something similar!

I was also planning on adding some grassy patches, with that grass effect flock stuff, especially on cliff edges and at sides of road (track), etc...?

Brain currently working on a fix for the gaps bewteen boards... Thinking of a gel base - a bit flexible - with sand and grass on top. But not sure how toa chieve it.

My rock colour was going to be black base for shadow then mix of brown and grey, try and get a granite feel.

Small bridge over top river. Thought i could build from balsa, I have some.

History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
The Magnetic and Flex-Steel sheets, were posted today. As such they will not arrive for a few more days, but you should have plenty of stuff to play about with.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Cheers Gaz.

Been pulling a few late nights/early mornings to get things done, and it seems like the smallest things are taking ages.

The river bed and sea are complete, looks ok, but will need a bit of finishing off, waves, rocks and fauna in the pool and river bed etc.

Ship and the rest of the courtyard were posted today. If you fancy putting the ship together and painting it feel free.

Also ordered some pirate deck hands and harbour workers from dixon.

I may get some more stuff from ainsty, I'll make a decision on that after tomorrow night when we get the whole lot out!

Si
7 weeks to MiniCon, so I'm going to try and get 2 buildings per week done. I'll start the bigger buildings first and will just keep them on the go to the final week or so.

This week will mostly be spent cleaning, deflashing and undercoating all the buildings (not much to do on the GrandManner buildings as the quality is excellent) but a good wash in soapy water is required before slapping on any paint.

I've also been experimenting with the chocolate brown undercoat, and although it makes the buildings dark, a few liberal drybrushes of lighter browns does make them look pretty good.

Onward and upward !

Si