Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The (Very Originally Titled) Film Thread
all could be intresting have a borrow and lend stuff
i have some studio gibli stuff and ghost in the shell
stream boy
sky blue
sereies one of gunslinger girl
I've watched a bit of anime, a long time ago tho.

Recent stuff I've liked..

Waltz with Bashir (if you like anime and haven't seen it, it's worth seeing)
The boy in the striped pyjamas (not the best acting, but a good story).

Also am a sucker for horror flicks.

Gotta love a good zombie, unless they're staring u in the face with half the teeth showing !

SPI had a great game out in the early 80's based on Romero's Dawn of the Dead, I def. had this game, but think it got lent out at the old club i was in and never returned. Looking it up here it's still knocking around.
What stuff are interested in? Take to long to list all my stuff as have around 300 anime dvds, due to my uber geekiness and been collecting for nearly 15 years. Have most major releases from 2000 to 2009, which of the top of my head is-
Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal panic(all seasons), fullmetal alchemist(original, not brotherhood) Haruhi suzumiya(region1, both seasons) All gundam series(seed and destiny region 1), gurren lagaan, appleseed(all three movies) patlabor 1 and 2, akira, plus loads more can't remember(if it has mechs in probably own it).....
Let us know what you would like to borrow and will bring on tuesday if you like?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Any other Moon fans on here? It's one of my favourite films, and there's a chance they may be producing some merchandise with enough interest, and if you've seen it you'll know how awesome a prospect this is;

blog.manmademovies.co.uk/2011/09/14/poll-would-you-like-to-be-able-to-buy-moon-merchandise/

If you haven't watched I highly recommend it.
(14-09-2011, 06:36 PM)rachtheweevil Wrote: Any other Moon fans on here? It's one of my favourite films, and there's a chance they may be producing some merchandise with enough interest, and if you've seen it you'll know how awesome a prospect this is;

blog.manmademovies.co.uk/2011/09/14/poll-would-you-like-to-be-able-to-buy-moon-merchandise/

If you haven't watched I highly recommend it.

Great movie, although I wish I hadn't seen the trailer first as that gave a lot away.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
seems like im outclass in ainme department if anyone is godlike and would be happy to lend me somthing/s on tuesday would be lovely particularly as my tv only plays dvd no actual tv Sad
I have Moon sat on the shelf waiting to be watched. However it's hard to pick it up, when it's spot on my BR shelf sandwiches it between Zombieland and Scott Pilgrim.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
zombieland and scottpilgrim are great lol got them plus kickass and watchmen (though i perfer the comic )
(13-09-2011, 10:10 AM)Stuart Wrote: Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to this:

Saw this over the weekend and loved it - phenomenal cast, really engrossing. Possibly a little on the slow side in places for those not in to the whole thinky/talky type film thing, but personally I thought it was brilliant - definitely going to read the novel (plus the rest of the 'Karla' trilogy) and watch the BBC adaptation.
Justin, Si - this is the movie I was on about when we drove down to Gloucester:

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."