Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2012 - Saturday 21st April
Its official:

Salue 2012

Si
Ahhhhhhh, it be a land based Pirate Skirmish game, using the Cutlass ruleset, me-hearties.

Might be out of days holiday to wrangle it off.
Actually I think I have picked been given that as a weeks leave. Might need to check when I finish work.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
*bump*

Can I ask what the club's plans are for collective descent (or ascent?) to London? Because I'm looking for opportunities to share the travel costs to Salute and I don't think anyone's going from the Games Bunker. I was planning on driving to Reading, parking up in the short stay and getting train from there, via Paddington, the Tube and DLR, to the Excel Centre. But if there are any smarter (read: cheaper) ideas, do let me know.

Regards,

Robey
(18-02-2012, 09:45 AM)precinctomega Wrote: *bump*

Can I ask what the club's plans are for collective descent (or ascent?) to London? Because I'm looking for opportunities to share the travel costs to Salute and I don't think anyone's going from the Games Bunker. I was planning on driving to Reading, parking up in the short stay and getting train from there, via Paddington, the Tube and DLR, to the Excel Centre. But if there are any smarter (read: cheaper) ideas, do let me know.

Regards,

Robey

As I'll have the majority of the gear I'm most likely going down on the Friday to set up our table. I've emailed Big Jim regarding access to the hall for under 16's on setup day as this may dictate whether Stu is coming down on the Friday or the Saturday. I could probably do the Saturday but I'm a nightmare for getting up early at the weekends.
Blush

Look forward to seeing you there !

Si
Are we still renting a house for the night?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just arranged my travel down. Leaving Birmingham Int at 7.05 on the Friday, so I should get a good look at the British Museum, and some other shizzle done during the day.

Damage for that was £17.50 First Class (I could have left at 8.05 for less, but the former is better for getting a lift up the M42.) Which considering on the same train, the cheapest single standard class fare was £40 is quite an impressive saving.

OH btw do I have to buy a ticket for this?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Well....Salute 2012 is now this Saturday.

Some details..

Our stand number is GA16
I have 6 passes for the show:
Paul, Tom
Stu, Luke
Gaz,
Me

Anyone else going will have to pay on the door I'm afraid (£11), children under 11 get in free with a paying adult.

The address is: Excel London, One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1XL

With children under 13 it looks like you'll have to come in when the main doors open for advance tickets at 9.45am on the Saturday, no children under 16 will be allowed in the hall on the Friday.

As set up will only take half an hour or so, I'm travelling down after lunch on the Friday, intending to be there for around 15.30 hours. If I can't get down there before the 16:30 close we can do it on the Saturday morning.

Show Map

Game List

Si
Myself and Luke will be heading down early Friday evening.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I lost the email with the hotel details. What address is it?
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Ramada Hotel and Suites London Docklands
2 Festoon Way
Royal Victoria Dock
London
E16 1RH UK
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."