Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salute 2012 - Saturday 21st April
Just a heads up...

It's possible we may be able to grab a table at Salute next year.

2012 is the 40th anniversary of the convention so it should be as good as ever.

If we want to go we need to decide the following by the end if the month:

Type of game: Demo, Participation or just society information
The Period and the scale.

The base table sizes are 6' x 2'6" and we can add multiples of this if required.

The number of free passes to the show would be 6, 8 and 4 respectively based on the type of game we would be putting on.

I think if we do this it's got to be something special..

As yet there is no theme to this years show so its a free forum for ideas..

I've had a few..

Pirates of the Caribbean based Cutlass game, Demo or Participation.

More Malifaux or Warmahordes but maybe having a town scape to fight over. Lots of warmachine table ideas here

Maybe an historical game...

As its the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War it could be something to do with that. eg. Recreation of the Goose Green attacks on 28th May. As there are only 4 of us interested in historical gaming then that sort of limits the numbers, but I had to put in there 8¬)
all sound good ideas the historical one sounds great cause its different to what most will be expecting and u could go to town on scencey
(11-09-2011, 11:57 PM)Simon Wrote: Pirates of the Caribbean based Cutlass game, Demo or Participation.

I like the sound of this.

Is there potential to run a couple of games, perhaps Cutlass and Warmahordes (as we should have a table for the latter from our Gloucester MiniCon adventure by then)?

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Issue with Warmahordes is I expect PP will probably have a presence. It also has a huge following at the Tainlorn club in London, so I would expect that WM/H may have a decent presence already.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
The potential for system saturation is something to be aware of, and could apply to many game systems. We'd have to expect there will already be a strong showing for Warmahordes (and probably Malifaux) at the very least.

Perhaps going for one fairly new/niche system and one established one (where we can play to the strengths and experience of the club, but differentiate somehow - perhaps with scenery) is a good balance, and would be a good showcase for the club. No answers here, just throwing a few suggestions about, and all on the premise that we could run two games.

And there's always...

We should be able to run 2 games. I'd probably suggest going for 3 tables, which would give us 6'x7'6". Splitting into 2 tables would be roughly 3'x4', so almost the 4x4 ideal. We can buy additional passes @ £10 per person (the club will fund the costs). If we're going for Demo games, then 2/3 ppl playing each, and 2/3 ppl loitering to help out and press the flesh with the unwashed massive would be good.

I'd probably consider going down the day before, setting everything up on the Friday and making an evening of it (this would probably involve beer).

Going back to gloucestercon, if there are any purchases ppl think need to be made in order to support our presence at the event then let me know. The club will be able to provide some money towards it.
(12-09-2011, 11:11 AM)Simon Wrote: I'd probably consider going down the day before, setting everything up on the Friday and making an evening of it (this would probably involve beer).

I'm in.

(12-09-2011, 11:11 AM)Simon Wrote: Going back to gloucestercon, if there are any purchases ppl think need to be made in order to support our presence at the event then let me know. The club will be able to provide some money towards it.

I can contribute some pink foam slabs to this endeavour. I've probably got some sheets of MDF kicking around as well.

Any idea on when we will start the terrain building for all the up coming events? Anxious to get started! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(12-09-2011, 11:24 AM)manrogue Wrote: Any idea on when we will start the terrain building for all the up coming events? Anxious to get started! Tongue

Might be worth having a kick-off sesh one evening at the club to discuss and sketch some ideas?
(12-09-2011, 01:19 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 11:24 AM)manrogue Wrote: Any idea on when we will start the terrain building for all the up coming events? Anxious to get started! Tongue

Might be worth having a kick-off sesh one evening at the club to discuss and sketch some ideas?

Sounds good, would be better to plan it all out on paper first to ensure everyone knows whats happening.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven