Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 Warmachine Table
why dont you guys decide on the forces playing each other and then use the large amount of fraction and background fluff to come with fun table/objectives/senirio that is one with the bord just an idea
It will be the forces from the two player battle box, so menoth v khador. In the fluff khadorans worship both menoth and morrow in equal quantity but are loyal to the motherland first. The table could represent a force of menites trying to purge the morrowan heretics from a mainly menite village, but the village defenders see it as an aggresive act of war and act appropriately. Ideally it would include a menite temple in the centre of a khadoran village surronded by woodland
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Probably not applicable to our scenario, but some nice inspiration for a Warmachine table here: http://penny-arcade.com/2011/09/12/corvis-table
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I noticed that earlier and I'm really jealous of those guys, great idea to have the buildings and things slot in, to give you more variety on the board. Might be worth having a look at doing our board in a similar way
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Looking at that board, it would be quite easy to set up with a bit of MDF and pink foam. The plus side with it is that you could adapt for different themes, adding re-usability to it for other shows.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Thought I'd pop in to give a heads up: first, the max space for a game is 4'x4' (so you're OK there); but, second, games should ideally take no more that 45 mins to play. So a 25 pt game, for beginners, may be too large.

Might not, of course. I'm very new to WM/H.

R.
(03-10-2011, 12:20 PM)precinctomega Wrote: ...games should ideally take no more that 45 mins to play.

That prohibits my participation then - it takes me that long just to allocate focus Tongue

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
I have 4 lots of 4x4 boards cut into 2x2 chunks and ready for both the Warmachine and Cutlass! tables. Will bring 2 lots of them in Tuesday.

One lot of the 4x4 tables is about 1cm shorter on each edge due to the blade of the cutting machine.
I have spoken to Vince about getting onto the WM board for a couple of Sundays, now I have got my Malifaux weekend out of the way. Any other volunteers will be appreciated. If Si and Justin can come up with a plan, we can work on that, seeing as they will have more of an idea what terrain they want to make use of for the demo games.

And Vince, I will try not to scare the mother-in-law when were working on the board, although I cannot promise the same, on any other random visits.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-10-2011, 06:24 PM)Gareth Wrote: I have spoken to Vince about getting onto the WM board for a couple of Sundays, now I have got my Malifaux weekend out of the way. Any other volunteers will be appreciated. If Si and Justin can come up with a plan, we can work on that, seeing as they will have more of an idea what terrain they want to make use of for the demo games.

And Vince, I will try not to scare the mother-in-law when were working on the board, although I cannot promise the same, on any other random visits.
Lol, me and the missus still laugh about that. Yep i'm good for whenever, just let me know a couple of days before so can book off from wife!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven