Poll: Fancy coming along and helping out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, count me in.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Might be able to, not sure yet.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 - Sunday 29th January
I pitched both the suggestions of the 2-player battlebox and the Unbound game, but having just heard back from the event organiser with more details of what they have planned, we may have to scale it down:
  • The participation games are intended to last between 30 and 45 minutes, supported by a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 people, and provide a simple intro to the game for those unfamiliar with it.

• In light of the above he has suggested we could even consider just running games of 1 warcaster with a couple of warjacks, and possibly Warmachine vs. Hordes to provide a flavour of each.

• Tables are allocated in the first instance as one per club, with a second round of proposals for remaining tables; Bushido, Malifaux or Infinity perhaps? The latter would be a popular choice with the event organiser, as he is a keen player but otherwise engaged on the day.

• There will be a series of three meetings before the event; one to finalise the activities, one to clear up any financial implications and remaining business, then finally a dress rehearsal day where we put on a game for other volunteers to get feedback.

• Those running the games get free entry, and they are also seeking volunteers to help manage the door, run the trading stand and generally just help out.

It was also suggested that one or more of our number consider applying to become a Pressganger (I know one or two have toyed with this idea) since they could get credit for this event.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gloucester MiniCon - Sunday 29th January 2012 - by Stuart - 29-08-2011, 05:03 PM