Poll: Fancy coming along and helping out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yep, count me in.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Might be able to, not sure yet.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloucester MiniCon 2012 - Sunday 29th January
I'll come along as I want to take the lead on the Warmachine table if that's ok?
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(21-09-2011, 01:03 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I'll come along as I want to take the lead on the Warmachine table if that's ok?

Absolutely! Happy to drive down if you fancy a lift?

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Couple of items that arise from the agenda posted:

Club representatives invited to propose any games not yet confirmed.
Simon A mentioned about running a historical game? Would we consider running Cutlass! as a prelude to Salute? Feel free to throw some ideas in.

Club representatives invited to pledge a number of other volunteers to be available to assist with additional tasks.
If any of you can pledge to helping out with other tasks (I don't have a clear idea of what these tasks would be at the moment) then please feel free. I'll probably look to assist in this capacity I think, and leave the running of the Warmachine table to those more able!
More than happy to help out with the other stuff as don't know first thing about warmachine!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-09-2011, 01:12 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(21-09-2011, 01:03 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: I'll come along as I want to take the lead on the Warmachine table if that's ok?

That'd be great if you could, thank you. I'll draw up my ideas and plans in a more formal manner ready to represent them at the meeting too after we've had a chat about what we'd like to do, which is a good point...

We all could do with having at least a 10 minute talk next week between us all to confer as to what our agenda & plans are and what we'd like to achieve.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(21-09-2011, 06:33 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
(21-09-2011, 01:12 PM)Stuart Wrote:

That'd be great if you could, thank you. I'll draw up my ideas and plans in a more formal manner ready to represent them at the meeting too after we've had a chat about what we'd like to do, which is a good point...

We all could do with having at least a 10 minute talk next week between us all to confer as to what our agenda & plans are and what we'd like to achieve.

Might be worthwhile to draw up a plan of the table and what kind of stuff/layout you want?
As mentioned before more than happy to put my DIY terrain skills and/or lend out my terrain making tools for use.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(21-09-2011, 06:33 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote: We all could do with having at least a 10 minute talk next week between us all to confer as to what our agenda & plans are and what we'd like to achieve.

Definitely, it would be useful to settle on a plan that we can take with us down to the Gloucester MiniCon planning meeting in a couple of weeks. We can then start identifying and acquiring materials, and set some milestones.

As the project progresses it would be great to see some photos posted in the Gloucester MiniCon Table thread Cool
Can I suggest that we discuss this either this Tuesday, say from 6.45 to 7.15 (I don't want anything like this to eat much into my playing time as I don't play much). Or on the Tuesday before (4th October), or both.

Points for discussion:

Glos Minicon:
Agree layout of table. (this needs to be started asap, as given time constraints could take a while to put together). (The table size is 4x4, with the possibility of getting another table in the second round of allocation)
Agree on numbers required to go.

Salute:
Agree on whether we want to do it.
If so which game is best.
Again, numbers required.

Feel free to add to this list.
We should also draw up a shortlist of games in the event we get allocated a second table.
if able to get a lift dont mind helping although i wouldnt really know warmachine since ''jacks'' are different to warbeasts in how they operate
but i know 40k/hordes pretty well methinks at least in theory