Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductory Game
Any thoughts on the best scenario for an introductory game? I am doing another game at Kidderminster this weekend. The two players were
involved in the first game (which was a version of Take and Hold) but had to leave before there was much actual shooting. I have my PHR and
UCM fleets with lots of different types of ships rather than optimised. I'd quite like to introduce space stations - thinking of Moonshot, Mixed
Engagement or Station Assault.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
If pressed for time you could use a narrower board so stuff can start shooting a turn earlier?

Station assault is a good one if u have the stations cos less fiddly on the ground stuff
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(16-09-2018, 09:38 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: If pressed for time you could use a narrower board so stuff can start shooting a turn earlier?

Station assault is a good one if u have the stations cos less fiddly on the ground stuff

Went with mixed engagement in the end. Should have changed from distant approach though.
Both enjoyed the game and are off to get a starter set. Rolleyes
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
nice one!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari