Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 12th June 2018
(05-06-2018, 09:40 PM)Phil Wrote: Hi all and thank you for the welcome and getting the chance to meet people.

Great to meet you Phil!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(05-06-2018, 10:48 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 09:40 PM)Phil Wrote: Hi all and thank you for the welcome and getting the chance to meet people.

I wondered if anybody fancied dusting off their warhammer fantasy miniatures and playing a friendly (refresher course) game of 9th edition?

I play Orcs and Goblins and can field about 2500 points.

If people are not familiar with the game rules, army books etc. then the link is below for the most updated version:

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?...504e07325f

Thanks again all.

Phil
Hi Phil, I'd be happy to give you a game. Will bring some high elves, not sure how many points yet but i used to be able to field about 2000pts so can aim for that if that works?

Thanks, that sounds Brill - I have found looking at 9th age that the points system has inflated slightly. My orcs and goblins were about 1500 pts old hammer but now get to around 2500 or a bit higher so you may find this the same looking at your HE. If not then I could scale back to 2000, let me know what you'd prefer.
(04-06-2018, 12:27 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 07:21 AM)Russell Wrote:
(30-05-2018, 08:43 AM)amnvespa Wrote:
(30-05-2018, 07:36 AM)Russell Wrote: Anyone fancy some 40k? Or Bloodbowl League?

Hey Russell, I'm game - Bloodbowl or 40k - either / or?

Andy

Sounds good, I'm easy either way :-) I'm behind in the Bloodbowl league but have a 40k event on the following weekend:-)

Do you fancy having a doubles practice game against Luke and I? Grab a friend....

If Russells up for that, then so am I
40k - Chaos Space Marines, Deathwatch & Imperial Knights
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf
Kill Team - Chaos Space Marines & Deathwatch

Sounds good - I'll run my Drukhari list as per the tournament pack (2 max Detachments, 1k each)
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(07-06-2018, 08:09 PM)Russell Wrote: Sounds good - I'll run my Drukhari list as per the tournament pack  (2 max Detachments, 1k each)

Without sounding daft, what’s  the tournament pack?
40k - Chaos Space Marines, Deathwatch & Imperial Knights
Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarf
Kill Team - Chaos Space Marines & Deathwatch

Phil wrote : "Thanks, that sounds Brill - I have found looking at 9th age that the points system has inflated slightly. My orcs and goblins were about 1500 pts old hammer but now get to around 2500 or a bit higher so you may find this the same looking at your HE. If not then I could scale back to 2000, let me know what you'd prefer."

Phil, I've had a bit of a look, let's do 2500pts. Looking forward to getting back to the Old World!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(07-06-2018, 09:58 PM)amnvespa Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 08:09 PM)Russell Wrote: Sounds good - I'll run my Drukhari list as per the tournament pack  (2 max Detachments, 1k each)

Without sounding daft, what’s  the tournament pack?

Its a fair question - The event we're practicing for has it's own Suplimental rules pack limiting army composition etc - At its most simple level it states 1000pts each, 2 detachments, and that the Beta rules are used
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxo0q7e4k2w3l6...4.pdf?dl=0
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(01-06-2018, 06:54 PM)Bzerk_Rampage Wrote: Guild Ball / Malifaux / Legion....possibly friendly bloodbowl

I'd be up for trying Malifaux if you're willing to teach? Looked interesting the other week when you were playing it
(08-06-2018, 08:45 AM)LankySi Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 06:54 PM)Bzerk_Rampage Wrote: Guild Ball / Malifaux / Legion....possibly friendly bloodbowl

I'd be up for trying Malifaux if you're willing to teach? Looked interesting the other week when you were playing it

Hi Simon,

Happy to teach. Any chance we can reschedule for next week as got a staff meeting now Tuesday until late.
Malifaux - All (Mainly Guild, Outcasts)
40k - Death Guard (2k)
Necromunda - Goliaths (Van Saar)
Bloodbowl - Skaven
Star Wars Legion - Imperials (have reb)
The Walking Dead: All Out War, Star Wars: Living Card Game
Does anyone fancy a game of Star wars legion?
Cheers 
Ryan