Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official GW 40K Errata and FAQ (8th edition)
Warhammer 40K FAQ
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(16-04-2018, 07:18 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Warhammer 40K FAQ

Gonna need an efficient filing system to keep up with these changes!  Like the Matched Play changes though and +5 CP for a Battalion
Warhammer 40k - Drukhari (slippery xenos), Death Guard (inexorably advancing), Astra Militarum (Leman Russ fest), Dark Angels (Chaos???)
Do we have a club stance on the Beta Rules? (This has come up previously with the character rule from Chapter Approved
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
not a fan of the deep strike changes, but that's because my nurgle army is built around it. as its beta im happy to ignore till it becomes fact (if it does, so far they're 50/50 for changes coming in as per beta).

rest of teh changes im ok with barring the charging up a building restriction. as an army that has no shooting if an enemy unit occupies the full space on a ruin or building i can no longer charge them....even if i have the fly keyword i cant. that seems daft
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(17-04-2018, 11:17 AM)Simian Wrote: not a fan of the deep strike changes, but that's because my nurgle army is built around it. as its beta im happy to ignore till it becomes fact (if it does, so far they're 50/50 for changes coming in as per beta).

rest of teh changes im ok with barring the charging up a building restriction. as an army that has no shooting if an enemy unit occupies the full space on a ruin or building i can no longer charge them....even if i have the fly keyword i cant. that seems daft
I think the deep strike changes are okay. Now pretty much the same as every previous edition except you can bring some stuff down into your deployment zone if required to stop being tabled. Need to play some games and find out how much of a difference they make.

And I agree with the unit on a building being unchargable if it takes up all the space being a silly rule. Should just be if you have enough charge range you make the charge and count as being within 1' of the unit even if you can't be placed on the same level. Otherwise I can just make all my raiders immune to CC by placing them on ruins and crates orientated so no one can be within 1' of the hull.
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

I think that's the key thing, even if they're beta they do need testing to see the difference it makes in reality.

My vote is let everything ride, beta and all.
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Could you use the wobbly model rule when charging a building?
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(22-04-2018, 11:52 AM)wako1302 Wrote: I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Previously, yes, now no.
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
(23-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Simian Wrote:
(22-04-2018, 11:52 AM)wako1302 Wrote: I agree we should use all beta rules and new points values.

Previously, yes, now no.

It seems that my Biovores will be targeting occupied buildings to create a bit of space with their Mortal Damage attacks or Spore Mines.

Buildings now seem to be making some units a bit OP.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(24-04-2018, 01:34 PM)wako1302 Wrote:
(23-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Simian Wrote:

Previously, yes, now no.

It seems that my Biovores will be targeting occupied buildings to create a bit of space with their Mortal Damage attacks or Spore Mines.

Buildings now seem to be making some units a bit OP.

big issue for me is i have 1 psyker, and 1 gun in my nurgle army.....rest is all melee, if an element of an army occupies a building and takes out those two, i cant touch them at all. obviously you cant fit everything into it and from a maelstrom perspective youre unlikely to win, but if its say a long fang unit or anything else powerful with range they can be invulnerable and cause a lot of damage
Simian aka Ben
Interests

Hooting into the Abyss